32F LIS Post op experience

LIS for posterior and anterior fissure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

32F LIS Post op experience

Postby Phoenix1510 » 01 Feb 2022, 01:00

Hi all,
Im 32 F with 2 kids 4 yr and a 3 month old. Had LIS surgery four days ago for 2 chronic fissures. Im posting my experience wid fissures which i had to endure for 10 long years to help someone else just like how this forum helped me in the time of need.
I was diagnosed with posterior and anterior fissure by my surgeon post vaginal delivery. The pain was unbearable and i was scared of eating food. Crying after every bm. Decided to have the surgery. My surgery was under spinal anaesthetia since im a lactating mom. And was sent home the day after surgery. Was told to be on a liquid diet for the first 3 days with stool softener .Had my first bm post op today. I feel so much better than where i was before surgery. I would suggest to get the surgery done for anyone suffering from chronic AF, plz dont wait around like me for such a long time. Im recovering now and so happy i can get back to normal after a decade of suffering from AF. I'd be happy to answer to any questions and help others in any way possible to get complete cure. I'd be updating my recovery process here.
Phoenix1510
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: 32F LIS Post op experience

Postby Phoenix1510 » 03 Feb 2022, 00:02

Day 6 post op: Im having frequent bm's due to high fibre diet and stool softeners. Had mild bleeding with my morning bm. No fissure pain. But pain from LIS site is there. Im taking pain killers twice a day. And sitz bath 4 times a day to heal faster. Hoping by day 14 I'd be completely cured. I can feel my anus opening is quite small due to the stitches , resulting in narrow stools. Does it settle by itself after healing? Has this happened to anyone else here? Plz let me know. Hoping complete recovery from this asap.
Phoenix1510
Fibre Addict

Postby Phoenix1510 » 04 Feb 2022, 22:49

Day 8 post op: Im still sacred during my bm's but a sitz bath after every bm helps a lot! Im slowly getting back to my normal diet. I have a slow but steady recovery. So eager to have my life back, i've had enough of dealing with these chronic Af's for so long! I hope everyone of u in this forum get a complete cure from this disease! Thanks to all the doctors that help us get complete cure from this! Hoping to heal completely asap. I'll keep u updated with my recovery process.
Phoenix1510
Fibre Addict

Postby avfissue » 06 Feb 2022, 21:03

Wishing u healing powers!
avfissue
Fibre Addict

Postby Phoenix1510 » 07 Feb 2022, 13:21

Thank u avfissue. Day 10: I have pain during my bm's . But feeling much better than the fissure pain. I take stoolsofteners everyday. Slowly im back to my normal diet . The skin tag excision site is still red and hasnt healed yet. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Phoenix1510
Fibre Addict

Postby Phoenix1510 » 10 Feb 2022, 01:03

Day 13: First time after LIS i had a soft easy bm. Im taking the usual dose of stool softeners. Im able to spend time with my kids without this fissure pain. Had the first post op checkup with my surgeon yesterday. It was quite painful. He checked for anal dilation and said it would take another 2 weeks to heal completely. Im happy im on the right track and im so happy to get my life back. If anyone's reading this i'll advice you to treat it at the earliest. Plz do not wait and suffer in pain. If its a chronic fissure plz get the surgery done. If u have any questions I'd be happy to help.
Phoenix1510
Fibre Addict

Postby Phoenix1510 » 14 Feb 2022, 21:24

Day 18: My LIS site has healed i guess. I had a pain free bm today. But the skin tag which got removed isnt healed yet. I continue my high fibre diet. I cant believe i waited 10 yrs to get this surgery done. I din understand why my bms got painful initially. Then i tried various tablets, ointments etc which helped in reducing pain but never cured me completely from this fissure. The fissure heals completely and comes back in a few weeks. I was embarrased to talk about and ask for help initially. Should have got it done after my first pregnancy. But years went by trying all the stool softeners and creams. Finally i met a surgeon and decided to have this surgery 10 yrs after suffering from this. Today i feel hopeful and happy that im gonna be living a normal healthy life henceforth. Thank god.
Phoenix1510
Fibre Addict

Postby Amychristine » 19 Feb 2022, 11:32

I hear yeah! I waited almost 10 years as well. I find I still have to be careful with the fiber, too much isn’t good for me. Which stool softener were you recommended? I am on restorlax 3 months post opp and it works well but don’t wanna be on it forever.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Phoenix1510 » 19 Feb 2022, 23:16

Hi Amychristine, im using cremaffin for stool softener. But i highly recommend using pilex fortè tablets twice a day to get smooth soft bm's. Take this tablet while maintaining good fiber in ur diet.This is helping me heal the fissure site and the LIS site. Consult with ur physician once before taking this tablet. It works well for me. And it had also helped me heal my acute fissure before the surgery. My recovery is going good so far.
Phoenix1510
Fibre Addict

Postby Amychristine » 19 Feb 2022, 23:30

Oh interesting. I do have milk of magnesia which I know is in cremaffin. I have not heard of those pills are they available in Canada? How long are you suppose to take them for? Did your dr recommend you be on something permanently so no fissures come back?
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2