8 year fissure experience

What I've learnt

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: 8 year fissure experience

Postby missy moo » 01 Dec 2021, 14:59

Yeah ok. I'm having a mild flear up today. Here in nz I'm still waiting for my appointment from booking 6months ago. So if i decided on lid it would probably take another x amount of months. Still haven't seen the crs and also since i haven't been vaccinated I'll probably be turned away from the hospital as many people here have been
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Sbsp » 27 Apr 2022, 19:19

Hi Missy,

I have been reading your journey here. I am 33F and have been diagnosed with AF 5 weeks ago. My quality of life has really had a toll.
He has asked me to undergo Botox surgery next week. I’m very happy but also see that a few people have not had great results. But I was wondering if you know any others or yourself with Botox.
Thank you so much.
Xx
Sbsp

Postby missy moo » 28 Apr 2022, 16:04

Hey sbsp sorry to see you here. I had botox twice i did notice it helped but it didn't cure me. I believe if i had of weaned off softeners it may have healed. Right now I've never been better the awnser has been mostly stopping the softeners some people mite just heal from that alone you know getting normal bms back but some people mite need to add in a little psyllium husk or try eating more fiber rich foods and also make sure your drinking water. Do you sit in a hot/warm bath after bms? That can really really help with pain after bms. Good luck with your botox the worst that can happen is it won't work.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Rich44 » 30 Apr 2022, 12:20

Sbsp wrote:Hi Missy,

I have been reading your journey here. I am 33F and have been diagnosed with AF 5 weeks ago. My quality of life has really had a toll.
He has asked me to undergo Botox surgery next week. I’m very happy but also see that a few people have not had great results. But I was wondering if you know any others or yourself with Botox.
Thank you so much.
Xx
I had Botox after having the fissure for 5-6 months but honestly didn't notice any improvement. I was also suffering from a worsening muscle spasm issue at the time so it made the overall situation much more complicated. Once I got past the spasm issue I asked the CRS what my options were as I was constantly straining to have a BM and that was a dealbreaker (even more than the pain!). He said I could do Botox but it would wear off and I'd likely be back to where I was so I went with the LIS and that was 18 months ago. Since your fissure is so new, Botox might be a good idea.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 03 Jun 2022, 15:40

Getting off softeners and taking a small amount of fiber helped me healed my 8.5 year old anterior fissure but now I'm back with a new posterior fissure. I keep having bms with hard nuggets at the start. I drink 3ltrs of water a day so its not dehydration
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 26 May 2023, 17:35

I'm back 1 year later to update after still having pretty bad flear ups on fiber alone I believe it helped but not the key answer

Thought I should come back and update anyone who reads this. I would consider myself 90% healed now not from a cream, surgery or anything outside of me. I worked on myself mostly self-love I learnt to appreciate my body and see no parts as unclean or gross. I learnt to be appreciative of my bum I even thanked it for the first time in my life I started to see it as apart of me I connected with it. If this sounds strange to you that's a sign that you also need to do this haha. It could be what works for you. There's a few things that I believe got me to were I am now.

1. I stopped looking for help outside of myself
2. I stopped seeing others as bigger then me, in terms of giving power to everyone else and seeing myself as being in need of other to save me.
3. I loved myself for the first time inside and out
4. I talked kindly to myself and my body
5. I looked into other people who healed themselves.
6. I started to have gratitude for myself my body an things in my life.
7. I looked after myself, by doing things I loved, taking time out, moving my body, and eating for fuel and healing as well as having little happy treats sometimes.

8. Meditation or just sitting with myself in silence being present.

9. I read a book by Louise Hay called you can heal your life and more recently I've been following and reading books by the medical medium.

I hope everyone finds healing from within as this is the key even if you get surgery still work on yourself to create internal harmony. I decided to write this because I've had alot if people reach out to me over the years and I wanted to give back. For 8 years I had a fissure I got botox twice, heaps of creams, fiber, cut things out of my diet, cried, begged, gave up emotionally a few times, I felt punished and thought my body was broken an didn't work properly why me I asked why is my life like this.

Well I've found its alot to do with our mindset, gratitude, self love, how we feel about ourselves and what we say and think about ourselves and our lives that plays the biggest part in how our bodies do and how our lives play out in general.

Please feel free to reach out. I really hope someone hears this and can heal once and for all. Take care of yourselves. Love to all
missy moo
King Fissure