44 male, TX, LIS scheduled 6/28/22

LIS diary

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 44 male, TX, LIS scheduled 6/28/22

Postby Fred55 » 30 Aug 2022, 17:07

Just an update guys! Saw the CRS today, just did consultation and a thorough external examination. He said nothing is abnormal outside. He said fissures mostly would show outside, so you either had it healed long time ago or never had it in the first place! He said he's going to go through my previous reports and schedule yet another scope if need be.
Have you guys researched about non-bacterial chronic prostatitis. The more I read, the more I find symptoms shared by that and levator ani syndrome for men, which I think I'm experiencing, i.e. pain with sitting that gradually increase, pain higher up in rectum in prostate region, feeling sense of fullness in perimum area, sphincter tightness, pain in tailbone and shooting pain when standing up from sitting that'd disappear immediately after. When I press on my tailbone it clearly hurts. Is it possible that I had a prostate issue, a fistula or abscess that went underected by one colonoscopy, 2 DREs and 2 MRIs?!
I'm tired of this. Maybe just have to accept it as an idiopathic illness and live with it. But it does break me down! When I drive, when I go to parties , at work, at home and whereever I go I have this fear of sitting and can sit only at a certain posture which gets annoying too! isn't a butt for sitting and relaxing after a long day a minimum right and pleasure one could have that I'm now deprived from?!!
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby Rich44 » 30 Aug 2022, 19:23

Fred as I said before it sounds exactly like what happened to me and it was all stress from my job. As soon as I removed that trigger it was gone. I was like you, "Isn't the butt for sitting? Now I can't even sit and relax!"

Think about it. Is there anything that is really stressing you or causing tension besides going to the bathroom? Are you worrying a lot? Break the cycle! lol
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fred55 » 30 Aug 2022, 19:44

Rich44,
You're 100% right. To be honest, I've been and currently am under too much work related stress. Thus whole issue emerged on after I was experiencing the most stressful time in my life.The other source of stress is not knowing what's causing my problem! So I indeed feel that I'm in this viscous cycle that I've not been able to break! and it appears that it takes a long time for me to find the root cause (if I ever be able to find out!) , so at least I know I have no other choice for the time being but taking care of my physical and mental health. I'll keep you posted and as always thanks for the advice.
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby Rlt78 » 31 Aug 2022, 13:59

Hello all, it’s been awhile since I lasted posted. Fred55, sorry to hear that your pain is still excessive and debilitating! Does sound like it could be a mix of physical and emotional/stress ailments. And thanks Rich for your always helpful advice.

I saw a new CRS today who came highly recommended and he did a thorough consultation with me and careful digital exam. I’m about 8 weeks post LIS and fistulotomy and am still having some discharge and mild and aggravating pain 2/10. Wanted to get a new pair of eyes on my surgery site to rule out infection or reoccurrence of the fistula.

After the exam he stated that my scar tissue was rather hard to the touch and that is likely what’s causing the pain and discharge. He saw no other signs of anything else. He prescribed me a nitro based medication that I will need to apply twice a day. He said it’s supposed to be an anti inflammatory, antibiotic, and spasm reducer. I forget the name but will post it here once I receive the medicine. Anyway, he was extremely nice to talk to and listened closely to all my concerns. He did say the doctor who did my surgery is very qualified and I should not be too concerned with healing progress so far.

I will keep you all posted on the efficacy of the medicine. Everyone take care please and wish you all the best.
Rlt78
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Rich44 » 31 Aug 2022, 14:07

Sorry all of you are going through it right now. Keep us posted.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Dust 2 Dust » 23 Sep 2022, 18:00

I spoke to my CRS yesterday. He wouldn't do a digital exam because he was afraid of setting me back. He believes my fissure is healed and my spasms are being caused by levator ani pelvic floor dysfunction. He put me on muscle relaxers and I've had no spasms for 2 days. Unfortunately the CRS wants me to see a spinal surgeon because I fucked my back up sitting and sleeping in awkward positions to get away from the rectal pain My fucking sitting muscles atrophied and it hurts like hell to sit. I'm doing physical therapy to strengthen by sitz muscles and pelvic floor but therapist told me it takes months to strenghten butt muscles. I may have to have back surgery because my lower back is fucked.
March 2022 Suffered anal fissure.

April-May 2022 Went undiagnosed because GP couldn't see the fissure.

June 1st 2022 Officially diagnosed with fissure by GI and given nefedapine.

July 2022 Botox injection under anesthesia
Dust 2 Dust
Salt Bather

Postby Fred55 » 25 Sep 2022, 13:01

Dust 2 Dust
Sorry to hear that. Hang in there, I'm pretty much in the same boat
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby Dust 2 Dust » 26 Sep 2022, 09:54

Thank you Fred! I can't believe all this stemmed from a cut on my ass. I couldn't get the fissure to heal and months of leaning on the couch and using pillows to elevate my butthole while sleeping fucked up my spine. The one bright spot in all this is the spasms are now gone since taking muscle relaxers. I also get the intense pressure in the rectum that feels like someone shoved a ball up my ass. All classic symptoms of levator ani.
March 2022 Suffered anal fissure.

April-May 2022 Went undiagnosed because GP couldn't see the fissure.

June 1st 2022 Officially diagnosed with fissure by GI and given nefedapine.

July 2022 Botox injection under anesthesia
Dust 2 Dust
Salt Bather

Postby Natasja/tassie2022 » 07 Nov 2022, 07:59

Hoe gaat het nu met je?

Ik heb 4 november mijn lis gehad ik heb veel pijn nog
Natasja/tassie2022
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Rlt78 » 17 Jan 2023, 18:16

Hello everyone, it’s been awhile, it’s been 7 months post LIS and Fistulotomy surgery. At this time I am having no spasms and spasms pretty much stopped about 1 week or less after surgery. Again my conditions arose due to an extreme bout of constipation after I had to take tons of pills to get over Covid pneumonia.

There is really no pain and no leakage or incontinence. I have about 3 BMs per day and they are all generally fully formed and not too hard. I’m taking some fiber supplements but no stool softeners.

My anus does stay a bit wet at times and while there is really any big leakage onto my underwear, I do need to sometimes wipe during the afternoon even between BMs. My CRS said since my anus was cut and the integrity of the anus was compromised, there will be some wetness and very slight fecal matter at times to clean between BMs. It’s not a big issue for me.

My recovery did take a solid 6 months until the pain fully dissipated. And I did get frustrated and depressed during that time. But i now feel like it was totally worth it and hoping for no reoccurrence.

I’m back to biking and exercising with no issues.

I wish you all the best and please get multiple medical opinions if you can and don’t be afraid of the surgery. Living with the pain of a fissure and or fistula is no way to live.

Had my surgery in TX and would recommend my surgeon.

Everyone take care!

Rob
Rlt78
Salt Bather