External hemmie???

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Re: External hemmie???

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2008, 05:47

Hi Jen
Sorry to read about your latest worry, hopefully this will be nothing for you too worry about, you have been doing sooo well lately , dont forget that !
Wishing you all the best for the up coming appointment :)

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2008, 06:11

You know I had the exact same thing...A blue-ish external vein type looking thing. I went to the doctor for him to have a look and I hadn't gone to the bathroom that day so he said he really couldn't see anything that fit the description.
He said if it was bluey/purple in hue then it would most likely be a hemmie.

Postby Jen » 09 Jul 2008, 15:23

Thanks for the responses! I am not worried. It does not hurt. I am even contemplating not getting it checked out. If it is a hemmie, it does not need to be fixed at this time and if its a scar, than I can live with that unless it ever breaks again. I may go to get it check out in a few weeks after my finals. I will keep you all updated!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Jul 2008, 15:45

Just keep an eye on it and let us all know what you eventually find out, Jen!
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 09 Jul 2008, 23:12

Thanks Kim! Image
Jo - I finish school in 11 months! Image Yeah, nursing is not for everyone, but I think I can handle it. I was also born and raised in the midwest! Minnesota rocks! Image
How have you been feeling lately? Better I hope. I hope your computer is fixed. Did the websites Kim sent you help much?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Jo » 10 Jul 2008, 08:39

Hi Jen, Image
Yikes, my computer keeps shutting down the internet, hope I can get a message out!! Still struggling with lots of errors and virus messages from the anti virus program. The websites Kim gave me helped, but the computer seems to have so many errors. Got rid of the pop up ads, wasn't even on the internet! Plus task manager was disabled and many other things. Nasty. The computer is getting old, guess I need to start shopping!
Happy to hear about Minnesota, we've lived in the Dakotas, Minnesota and Iowa. Love the Midwest!!
Yeah!! Image You are almost done, less than a year. You'll make a great nurse!
So glad you get to take a little break in Minnesota. Image
I am doing pretty well, except for a stomach virus I just had. The butt issue is pretty good, still using the nifedipine but the bleeding is tapering off. Not sure if the round of diahrea helped though. I am going to see the plastic surgeon on the 16th for some steroid injections for the keloid.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Jen » 10 Jul 2008, 22:19

Jo -
Glad to hear of your recovering. It is a slow process, but it will eventually happen. I wish my fissure was diagnosed earlier. I think I would have been healed by now.
Good luck with the keloid injections and keep us updated!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure