What should I do??

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: What should I do??

Postby happyass » 28 Jul 2008, 13:50

buttgirl, i want to be in that picture of yours!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby juney » 28 Jul 2008, 20:21

you don't have to disclose anything at all about why you're having surgery. i had 2 LIS surgeries last year, and I missed 2 weeks of work after each. i never said a word about what i was having done to anyone. i even collected disability the 2nd time. have your dr fill out the paperwork without writing the type of surgery you're having done. you have no legal obligation at all to tell anyone and they're not allowed to do any digging to find out. trust me, that was the one thing i was most stressed about and i made it thru without anyone finding out anything. if they ask, just say "i'd rather not discuss my personal medical issues at work". then they're nosy if they keep bugging you about it.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 28 Jul 2008, 22:19

I just said I had intestinal troubles when they pressed for an answer. I don't think that they're supposed to press, but my boss seemed worried, so I divulged a little.
HA, can you believe it's ont he Northern tip of Ireland. it was beautiful and almost tropical when we were there. When I took that pic, I was on a rope bridge between the mainland and an island just dangling over the ocean. It was great!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67