What should I do??

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: What should I do??

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2008, 08:49

I also am a private "toileteer" and dread having to go anywhere else. When I worked outside of the home I would just hold my bms.

I agree with Jen in that you shouldn't have to divulge what type of medical surgery you are having. You could just say colorectal without going into specifics. That is what I have done in the past. It gives enough info without specifically having to get into details.

Postby Fissulyna » 30 Jun 2008, 11:30

Well....I GOT my fissure because I forced myself to go in the public bathroom - enough said :( :( :(
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 30 Jun 2008, 12:24

Cinderella,
I think you've made the right decision. Please think carefully about becoming pregnant with AF. I am pregnant now and have really bad morning sickness and my fissure or maybe even a fistula has come back with a vengeance. I will never know if its the pregnancy causing it, but I do know its very hard to cope with everything at once. I had LIS in january.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 30 Jun 2008, 12:42

Jen - your son is "delicious" !!!! How cute is THAT ???? !!! :sprinkleheart: :adorable: Image :sprinkleheart: Thanks for posting him again - I missed a lot !!!! : )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2008, 23:10

Hi Cin. You are not required to disclose what type of surgery you are having and if your employer demands to know they are violating the law. A note from your doctor that you cannot work for whatever period he/she deems necessary is enough.
I had LIS, fissurectomy, and hemmiectomy two weeks ago and have not had any complications (for more details see countdown to surgery thread). Before the operation I asked my Dr and Dr. who gave second opinion about thier experience with complications for patients in my age group, health, etc. I suggest you do the same so you can assess this before you make your decision. It was important for me to feel confident in this regard before I had the operation. Good luck. D

Postby Jen » 30 Jun 2008, 23:37

Fiss -
Thank you lady! Image I think he is handsome too - he is going to have girls gooing over him one day! :D
I think your Hawaiian man is delicious too! I guess if my hubby is eyeing the natives in the coconut bikini's there will be something for me too! Image
I hope your doing well today! Stay hydrated on the 4th or your bum may regret it - I know I am going to bring a gallon of water to the fireworks with me! :)
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Cinderella » 27 Jul 2008, 11:40

I have been now nearly one month totally painfree. However I am still planning to have the surgery done. I am still having spasms and because my tight spinchter it is difficult to pass stools.
One question I think I will probably have period at the same time with the surgery. Do I have to move my period or can the surgery be done when I have period? I would not like to take any hormones because my plan is to try to conceive immediately after the surgery.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 27 Jul 2008, 11:44

I started my period right as they were about to wheel me in for rectal surgery and it wasn't a problem, so I think it should be fine. Fissy, didn't you have your period when you had your LIS, I can't remember.

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Jul 2008, 14:00

Oh yes buddy - who else can have such wonderful timing but you and me ???!!!
I got my period just day before surgery. I called in and they said it is absolutely no problem and I did not want to postpone surgery since I was in so much pain. Not period, nor food poisoning (if you remember) stopped me !!!!!
Cindy - it is not a problem, but if you can - postpone it since you are not in any urgency - your recovery will be more comfortable since you will need soaks and all. Don't take any hormones !!!! They cause clotting - absolutely avoid them before any surgery !!!
Best of luck !
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 27 Jul 2008, 19:20

I'd go for the LIS from a very trusted Dr. I tend to think of it as encouragement and insurance for the future.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67