Need advice- still having AF pain post surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Need advice- still having AF pain post surgery

Postby Guest » 07 May 2007, 06:08

We're crossing them! I am sure that is all it is. Ups and downs are so normal in healing!
Let us know what the doctor says!
L

Postby Guest » 15 May 2007, 10:54

Well it's been 2 weeks now and I'm feeling good. All surgery pain and discomfort is gone and I feel pretty normal. Still eating lots of fiber, drinking lots of water and taking 1 colace at night. Still doing at least 3 sitz baths per day. I think being constipated from Advil 4 days after my surgery is what really set me back the first week. No pain or bleeding during bm's now that i'm off advil and keeping up a very high fiber diet.
Just wanted to update you! Thanks for all your help and support through this!
The itch isn't too bad, i have been keeping the area very dry which has helped. I think if i just am VERY careful about keeping my diet full of water and high in fiber, plus taking lots of sitz baths, i should be able to heal.
Any thoughts on taking Colace long term? I want to stay on the 1 per night until I am all healed... maybe 5 weeks?
-S

Postby Guest » 15 May 2007, 12:15

I took Colace for almost a year and I did not develop any dependency on it. It doesn't act on the nerves in the bowel it just makes the stool absorb more water so I don't think there is any real risk to using it when you need to!
Glad you hear you are doing so well! That is wonderful news!
lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 May 2007, 12:24

I am so pleased to hear that you are doing so well. I stopped the colace after about a month or a month and a half. If you get plenty of fiber and water, the need for the colace should diminish.
But if for some reason you have hard stools, of course, immediately resume them if you have stopped. But one a day for the next several weekswill be just fine and good insurance!
Keep it up and keep us informed.
Deleted User 5

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?