surgery #3

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: surgery #3

Postby Jo » 17 Nov 2008, 09:36

:hi: Juney,
It was great news to hear you had a good day.
Hope the good feeling is continuing.
Have a nice day.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby pinky » 17 Nov 2008, 18:25

Dear Juney,im glad you had a wonderful day and had sex.i dont remember when i last had it,dont even feel like it.
Keep remembering the good days and be positive.
Have many more such great days
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Corsi » 20 Nov 2008, 15:16

How are you Juney?
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby juney » 20 Nov 2008, 19:09

i'm hanging in there corsi. i still feel down most days, but those few great days i have are wonderful!! Aleve definitely helps with the pain i still feel during the day so i think i'm gonna start relying on that a little more. when i go back in December i'll let the dr do the scope exam....i don't think it's healed yet but maybe it will one day as long as i do everything right....fingers crossed. thanks :)
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2008, 06:51

Those good days they will be coming around again Juney ! Image

Postby Corsi » 26 Nov 2008, 03:13

Juney Image
Fingers & toes are crossed! You wonder how I am able to cross my toes? It's a secret....
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 29 Nov 2008, 16:15

Do you have a check up soon Juney ? How are things ?

Postby juney » 29 Nov 2008, 20:00

my next appt is dec 16. i'll let the dr do the scope then although i know he'll still see inflammation inside. i can tell that things aren't healed inside b/c i have that same old pain after BMs, but i'm managing my moods better with the prozac and managing the pain with aleve. the pain really isn't bad, it's livable w/ only 1/2 a pain pill. it's just annoying and troublesome and i thought it'd be gone by now. sighhh. oh well....
i'm still trying hard to get this thing to heal. i take 1-2 baths everyday now, especially after BMs. i use baby wipes to clean off and a blow dryer to dry after my bath. i'm careful with what i eat and i still avoid citrus, acidy foods, dairy, meat, alcohol, etc. i apply vitamin e and A&D 3-4 times a day and use Recta-gel every other day. i take 1 teaspoon of benefiber and 1 stool softener each day. it actually seems like cutting back on the laxatives and softeners makes things less painful. the runny, super-soft BMs are very irritating.

it's been 12 weeks since my surgery and i really don't feel like that made much difference. that's frustrating but i'm doing everything "right" so all i can do is keep hoping it'll make a difference one day. my story is definitely atypical so i keep telling myself i can't expect to heal on the same timeline as other people might. 3 surgeries and i have so much scar tissue and trauma down there, my butt probably doesn't know what normal is anymore. but fingers still crossed that one day i'll be completely painfree! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Nov 2008, 20:18

Glad to hear Juney you manage your pain so well now Image !!! Maybe you should ask your CRS to address inflammation that you still feel inside. Could it be that after all surgeries you developed proctitis ? It is when only rectum gets into "inflammatory" mode and nor colon itself Image I read about is just the other day because it was mentioned to me once during exam. When they find out what is causing it, it is treatable with different meds. You can Google it yourself Image . BUT, as with all inflammation, it can also spontaneously disappear too. There are also many anti-inflammatory herbs that you might try - just a thought, I know that you do not believe much in them LOL like I do Image . But, I can not stop mentioning them since they did so much good to me - please forgive me if that is annoying in any way :oops:
All the best Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 30 Nov 2008, 02:32

I understand your frustration Juney, having buttproblems are overwhelming. I think you are strong Juney, it's hard being young and go through this much. I will continue thinking about you Image
Corsica :lovetree:
Just a question: Would it be better to stop taking all the creams? Or some of them? I don't know...but can't it be too much sometimes?
Last edited by Anonymous on 30 Nov 2008, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure