Fissure hell!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Fissure hell!

Postby Guest » 16 Jan 2009, 12:27

I am so sorry to hear things have not been so good :(
Do you still have bad pain ? Are there any postives ???
Please don’t give up Lars there will be other options and you will get through this Image
Fingers crossed your CRS can shed some light ..
Image Lars

Postby Guest » 16 Jan 2009, 13:29

Bleeding once a month at the stage you are in is not uncommon. I think you are being to hard on yourself. Don't give up-go see what the doctor says and see if you are healing.

Are you in pain? Is it better than before the LIS?

Postby lars » 16 Jan 2009, 15:12

I`m better but not that much. The fissure burns and the area is sore no matter what I do.. Sometimes it feels like it has gotten so much better but suddenly the discomfort is back. Maybe it is still to tight, inflammation, etc.. I realy don`t know and I pray each day that my CRS finds an solution to my problem.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jan 2009, 15:12

Of course, a colostomy would give your butt a break to heal, and then it could be reversed, if your pain is is still as terrible as ever...
Deleted User 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jan 2009, 15:16

The healing curve is going to be like a wave, up and down, not like a ladder, straight up. I think your fissure was exceptionally large. It will take longer to heal and there will be small retears (probably) along the way.
You need to see your CRS and have him look at it and see how much it has healed!
Deleted User 5

Postby lars » 16 Jan 2009, 15:41

Thanks Kim. You are always so nice and supportive to me :) Yes I had an ulcer not a fissure. My ulcer went from the anal opening and past linea dentata(the end of the anus with no nerves) so over half of my anus were torn to pieces :( But I just thought it had healed now..
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jan 2009, 15:50

I thought it was big! No, Lars...mine was small and it still took it a long time to heal. It will take longer for yours, and it will probably heal partially and retear along the way. I just hope it doesn't make you tight again.
You need to steel yourself for a long battle. Never give up, you have come a long way, buddy1
Deleted User 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jan 2009, 16:41

I supposed that tissue that has been ulcerated would not heal like a lacerated membrane might. Do you still use petroleum jelly or something similar with a BM?
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 17 Jan 2009, 01:16

Lars -
Please don't be down! You have come so far with your healing! It takes time. I think I am still healing too! Remember reading about buttgirl? It took her 7 months to heal!
Are you in pain? Or is it just blood? What did your CRS say last time he did an exam? Did he see alot of healing? Make an appointment with him just to talk about your concerns.
Things will get better Lars!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby lars » 17 Jan 2009, 08:02

I have considerable discomfort. You may call it pain..
Kim: What did you mean that tissue that has been ulcerated would not heal like a lacerated membrane might? That it takes longer time or that it doesn`t heal?
Last check up my CRS said it had healed some and looked much better. The best result I could have hopped for after just 6 weeks.
Maybe proctitis have developed from the ulcer. It would explain the burning and rectal discomfort. Have started using Propolife inside te anal canal. A mix with Aloe Vera and camille to see if it can help with the burning.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist