Fissure hell!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Fissure hell!

Postby cherylk » 19 Jan 2009, 07:09

Lars,
Have you tried Movicol to help the consistency of your stools?? Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 19 Jan 2009, 07:32

I think your latest photo has given us girls something to smile about Image
You have come a very long way Lars I know how easy it is to lose sight!
Hang in there cutie pie !!

Postby lars » 19 Jan 2009, 11:48

All for you girls :)
Today the burning is totaly gone. I can feel the fissure if I sit down but it is only a minor discomfort together with a itch that comes and goes.
The discomfort is sure different from day to day... If I had inflammation wouldn`t the pain be more of the same each day? It makes me think it only is the fissure playing tricks on my butt....
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 19 Jan 2009, 12:05

Hey handsome !
Image The joys of our fissures playing tricks Image I hate that Image

Postby cherylk » 19 Jan 2009, 12:58

Lars,
When do you go see your doc? Are you working (and sitting) through all of this?? What about friends or family nearby?? We all want you to get well now that you have posted that cool pic of yourself, so you can get a gf or whatever you want to do. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby juney » 19 Jan 2009, 20:41

lars - i feel like our situations are so similar! it's sooo frustrating...and it's been 2 1/2 years for me! hang in there.
i've been wondering lately if i've developed proctitis also. i've been using hydrocortisone suppositories for the past week, they were prescribed by my primary care dr while she was on the phone with the GI dr who i'm seeing tomorrow. the HC seems to help with the inflammation and i've actually found a job and been working this week for the first time since my fissurectomy 4 1/2 months ago!!! i know the pain will come back, as it always does, so my happiness will be short lived.
anyway, i just want you to know i know how you feel and i completely sympathize. all we can do is keep trying new things, keep seeing drs, and keep trying to get ahold of this thing. also...be patient!! i know it's hard but we have to. hopefully we'll both get over this ASAP and have 50+ more years of problem-free living!!!
nice pic by the way :D
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby lars » 23 Jan 2009, 11:34

Well my greastest fear has become reality...I have proctitis in my whole anus. It explaines the burning, itching and discomfort.. I am totaly in shock because of this...
My chronic ulcer is totaly healed and you have no chance of seeing that is even has been there. But that doesn`t help since I am still in severe pain..
I think this is very strange.. How can a ulcer heal perfectly when my whole anus is inflammed?
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2009, 11:37

What did the doctor say to do about it? Maybe after healing has taken place the area can still be inflammed because of the cytokines that were there to heal the area? He can't expect you to stay in pain. Does he suggest an anti-inflammatory or hydrocortisone?

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2009, 12:53

Hi Lars
That is good news your ulcer has healed that really is good progress but i am so sorry you now have something else to deal with and more pain Image
What can be done Lars - What did he suggest ?

Postby Corsi » 23 Jan 2009, 15:42

OK, good and bad news... What is proctitis in Norwegian?
Good luck :)
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18