Oatmeal

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Oatmeal

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Feb 2009, 15:58

Cheryl - no use of asking doctor LOL - I can bet you a 100 $ that he never even heard about Carrageenan Image ! If you want to know about it go on the net and do your own reserch.
Lecia - it is very possible that soy could effected your period - heavy periods are sign of estrogen dominance !!! So, if you already had high estrogen /progesterone ratio , than adding extra estrogen definitely can effect your balance Image
The problem is that soy is now added to EVERYTHING - look at the labels of prepack food Image . So, we are eating it ANYWAY knowing it or not and adding extra on the top of it all can really effect our body !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby pinky » 05 Mar 2009, 17:19

Cheryl says bread is stool thickening food.I eat whole meal bread almost everyday for breakfast.Should i eat cereal instead?
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 05 Mar 2009, 17:41

Maybe you could try alternating it? I do better with cereal than I do with bread though they are both grain products. If you aren't having any problems though I wouldn't worry about it, Pinky.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Mar 2009, 19:36

I do believe my stools have gotten smaller since I swapped over from wheat to oats.
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 05 Mar 2009, 19:38

There are a lot of fillers in breads that don't exist in whole grain oatmeal. I would like to get into making my own bread. It would probably be tastier, cheaper (in the long run), and healthier.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 06 Mar 2009, 16:55

Aha bread – You know Pinky I battle with bread :roll:
Wholemeal brown I find is dry and heavy !
I go for multigrain, linseed and oats that is a good one but watch those seeds ! I alternate bread one day then none the next never eat more than 2 slices !
You need a good bowl of porridge for breakfast Pinky , best start to the day ! Image

Postby pinky » 06 Mar 2009, 17:02

Maybe i should eat less bread.My mom would tell me bread is too dry but i didnt listen to her.nowadays my stools are more formed and sometimes its a bit hard.maybe bread is the culprit.i thought its wholegrain and high in fibre,so should be good for soft stools.
i dont like oats much.how about weetabix?its so tasteless.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby cherylk » 06 Mar 2009, 17:04

Barley is another good grain (can be added to soups), and there is also millet and quinoa. I make a quinoa bread and also a banana bread.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 06 Mar 2009, 17:38

Weetabix is just as good Pinky Image Try it and see i think it would help :)
I go for a light texture bread there are so many to choose from now :roll: