MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby Jen » 18 Jun 2009, 22:35

Cheryl-Yes! Have a real drink and celebrate sweetie! Just make sure you stay hydrated! Image Are you finished?
Thanks for the advise Fissy! Your always so helpful. That is so funny you say that because all I ever do is run and I NEVER EVER do anything to tone my abs or arms. I hate all other forms of working out besides running- I know weird huh?! Tomorrow, I am treating myself to a message at the spa because my back is doing so much better and I am under so much stress with school - hopefully it will calm my muscles some.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Jun 2009, 23:28

Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2009, 07:09

I hope you are doing better Jen. I too liked to run and stopped. Now I just walk but hope one day to run again. I do miss it. Funny-but it is very refreshing and soothing to me.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 Jun 2009, 07:15

Refreshing and soothing, eh?...ah hah...good old endorphin buzz!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 19 Jun 2009, 10:34

Kim - I have no idea why anyone would do drugs when they can get a high from running! I love your gummi avatars! LOL!
Macy - Did you stop running because of your fissure?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2009, 11:46

Jen- yes I did. At first I rested and stayed inside. Then after my surgery I didn't eat for awhile as I was so scared. As you probably know, after two months of inactivity, running would be difficult. I am kind of scared to, which is why I walk now. I just started not too long ago and am walking more and more. I figured I would do that first and go slow, but do intend to run again one day. At least walking gives me some sense of physical activity and feels good. How much do you run?

Postby Jen » 19 Jun 2009, 23:48

Macy -
i don't run as much as I used to, but I like to run 2-3 days a week - about 3 miles each. I used to run 4 days a week, 5 mile runs - I just don't have that kind of time anymore. I never have ran marathons or anything - 5 or 10 K's are more my thing. How about you?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby happyass » 21 Jun 2009, 07:15

i ran two marathons with an active fissure and trained for it with really bad pain. however, sometimes the endorphine rush helped counteract those butt pains. also, having shin splints would help me focus on a different pain than the one in my ass! Image
in the end, everything turns out okay.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2009, 07:07

Hey Jen!
After I had my son I ran about 4-5 miles every morning during the week and then yoga on the weekends. I loved it.
On another note-didn't you say you retore in Dec??? I had a major snafu this weekend..I ate chips and popcorn and had very little water (was outside at a function) and just didn't think about it...it was so hot (100!) and I figured I would take extra mag and then drink more water when I got home. Well I fell asleep on the couch and forgot..so yesterday I had to go to the bathroom and sure enough had a huge, hard BM that I had to strain some to get out. Now I am in more pain again and think I retore. I am so tired of this. Everyday I am in pain, but like Kim get some relief in the afternoon which helps my sanity. Now I am afraid I have ruined my progress and am going to be in constant pain again. What did you do Jen???