LIS today!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS today!

Postby busymom » 06 Nov 2009, 08:50

Thank you for all of this good advice! You are right, this board has been an absolute lifesaver for me as far as what to do, what to expect, and how to survive and LIVE with this horrible problem.
I couldn't have an in-office exam with my CRS - they wouldn't even attempt it based on what they saw! So I feel like I am with a very sensitive and caring CRS and his NP too. They have been great. It's amazing the difference that makes when you're being treated!
I am sticking with 100mg docusate sodium 2x daily, MOM, and benefiber. I am also eating light - veggie soup, wheat toast, salad, pears, etc. And of course, drinking a ton of water. I haven't needed any painkillers since yesterday afternoon, not even for my a.m. bathroom visit. I am also really trying to visualize healing in that area. I imagine that if I can tell my body to move, then I can tell it to heal too, can't I? :)
I have a follow up appt the 1st week of December and will know more about my situation at that point. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me! It's so helpful and reassuring! :)
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby cherylk » 06 Nov 2009, 08:57

Anna,
I think visualization is a very good idea. In fact, in some of my literature, it says to put your hand over your pelvic area while visualizing extra blood flow the the hurting area of the butt! Mind/body connection is very, very strong! May the Cheryl who created this wonderful forum have a forever peaceful time for her butt. I agree--a person can oftentimes learn just as much from those suffering from AF than their docs (which we need, of course). But I would bet that most docs have never had an AF!! I suggested to one of my docs that having an AF should be a prerequisite for getting a medical degree, but they didn't agree with me!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby busymom » 06 Nov 2009, 09:02

Yes, it sure would make them more empathetic! One of the nurses at my CRS's office had a fissure and she has been so kind and concerned. I guess in some ways it has made me much more empathetic, and compassionate, to those who are suffering with not only AF but anything. And so many people end up getting an AF when suffering with something else!
busymom
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 06 Nov 2009, 09:26

Me too! I became so much more empathetic with my FIL when he was having back surgery. Now our relationship is the best it has ever been!! But he has cancer now and has been given a 4-6 month life expectancy. He's 89 1/2 years old.
cherylk
VIP

Postby busymom » 06 Nov 2009, 09:38

I am so sorry! It's good that you are on such great terms with your FIL. It makes it easier. 89 1/2 - wow! I think when I get that old I will even use 1/4 and 3/4. Big milestones!
busymom
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 06 Nov 2009, 09:42

We always were on OK terms; it is just that we get along the best we ever had now. I give him our homemade tomato preserves, which he really enjoys!! He still plays doubles' tennis!!
cherylk
VIP