Stitches after surgery?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Stitches after surgery?

Postby snowfight » 19 Jan 2010, 02:03

Hi, I'm 10 days post LIS and I just noticed a little string with a knot coming out my anus. When I tug on it it doesn't move and is painful... I didn't talk about recovery with my doctor very well and I'm guessing it is part of my stitches? I don't know if I even had stitches...
Anyone else had this happen? What should I do with the string? Should I call my doctor?
snowfight
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Stitches after surgery?

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Jan 2010, 02:26

Of course call your doctor : ((( - I know that some are real "pain in the ass" but you need his advice and be persistent- he is there to help you - it is his job !!!!!! He is payed a BIG money for that "service" !!!!!!
If he/she is really unresponsive jerk - than find another doctor ! Never let anybody "push you around" without answers or proper care : (((
I think that it could be a stitch that did not dissolve yet - but he should check it anyway !!!!
Best of luck !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby suzyljank » 19 Jan 2010, 06:47

Hi, I had my stitches for quite a while after LIS, they were supposed to dissolve and they did but it took a long time and one just hung there for a while and used to get stuck on my pants. It hurt like heck sometimes but finally fell off. I think soaking your butt a lot helps the process along. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby snowfight » 19 Jan 2010, 12:26

thanks for the advice guys!
snowfight
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3