New here......Surgery this Wednesday 3-3-10

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: New here......Surgery this Wednesday 3-3-10

Postby happyass » 14 Mar 2010, 07:28

hi denster!
well at least the hard part is over - getting the surgery and you did get a lot done! wow!
as fissy says don't get down on yourself and try to rethink when you do start to get depressed that it's not realistic to feel normal within 10 days.
i am not sure if the doc went over expectations with you, but pretty much you will need to allow yourself at least between 6-8 months to heal really well down there. and with the type of work you had done, it may be a little longer.
generally speaking, it may be up to 1 year when you actually feel that you are 98% normal.
so you have path to recovery now and it will play tricks on your mind - but now you just have to re-adjust what your healing time table expectations are...10 days is not enough to tell you how successful your surgery was.
after a shower, i always recommended to blow dry your butt on cold setting with blow dryer...then apply such creams as fissy mentions.
fissy - i didn't realize all that work you had done! i hope you are feeling lovely and ready for spring!
be calm denster and keep yourself clean and protected down there, and keep on a good diet of fiber, veggies, fruits, grains with fluids.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Denster » 14 Mar 2010, 18:22

I use a hand shower after BM and several times during the day and when I'm done I blow dry the area. My Dr. invented a special cream that has to be compounded at the pharmacy and I use that 4 times a day. The Flexeril seems to be helping withe the spasms. When will the spasms stop? After the fissurectomy site heals? How long should I expect? Thanks for all your help and support.
Denster
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby stephanie » 16 Mar 2010, 14:01

I wish I could blow dry my butt after every BM, but they always happen when I'm at work! It'll look really weird if I take a hairdryer to the loo with me all the time :D
It's brilliant that you got it all done at the same time Denster- you may be in more pain but for much less time than it would have been.
My surgeon removed 2 of 3 skin tags, saying that taking the third one off would have been too much, but I really wish he had done! This is now turning out to be a long saga.
Wishing you the best of luck on the road to recovery.
stephanie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Mar 2010, 00:55

Denster - everybody is different. Unfortunately our butts are somehow even "MORE different" in each individual : ( and it is really hard to tell when will your spasms stop .
It depends of WHAT is causing the spasm. If it is swelling - than your spasms will stop when swelling goes down . If it is any of the wounds - than spasm should stop as soon as they are starting to heal nicely. If your sphincter is still too strong : ((...well, lets not think about that before time ...
Your "showers" after BM are absolutely insufficient if you use them instead of a bath -soaks lasting 20 min, at least 3 times a day ! Do not dismiss importance of them - almost crucial in promoting healing !!!!
May I know what is in that "invented cream" LOL ??? Maybe he copied my receipt from last year and is "infringing" on my patent !!!??? LMAO
Best of luck and adhere to the soaks regiment , diet and rest for many, many months - trust me - healing will NOT happen if you do not take care of your butt religiously until completely healed and than SOME MORE !!!!! Be smart ; )
PS:
fissy - i didn't realize all that work you had done! i hope you are feeling lovely and ready for spring
!
Thanks for asking Happy - not quiet "lovely" - but trying my best. Butt is lovely, though KTW LMAO and yes, I am MORE than ready for the spring - will die if I have one more rainy weekend
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Denster » 18 Mar 2010, 19:31

last couple days i have felt quite a bit better. i dont soak in a tub because i dont have one only a shower. but i do use the hand shower to clean up several times a day and after every bm. Fissy idk what is in the cream, i know lidocane is in it, and its brown and smells really good..lol and it seems to work good. at my check up dr. said everything looked very good.
Denster
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1