newbie here :(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: newbie here :(

Postby StevePain » 25 Mar 2010, 17:23

Hey susy, i've been using topical treatments for 2 years now with very little relief, you on the other hand are at the beginning of your AF mess, you're lucky to get diagnosed so soon and have a better chance at healing the fissure while it's in it's early stage (acute), with a healthy diet etc, you may well conquer the fissure, please give the treatments a chance and stay positive Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 17:30

Susy,
Patience can be a virtue!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

newbie here :(

Postby susy1113 » 25 Mar 2010, 18:35

Cheryl and Steve you both are right. I'm trying to be more patient and positive! thank you for reminding me!
susy1113
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Mar 2010, 18:35

Susy - patience is a virtue but pain is sometimes unbearable.
It is completely up to you of when you will decide that enough is enough.
We certainly had a member who just did not want to deal with it (she was a nurse) and had a LIS in a couple of weeks after she was diagnosed and was healed in no time!
I waited 5 mos and I wish I did not !!! I even had to have a second LIS since my butt was too tight and if a "was patient" , I would probably STILL be in pain . For me LIS was the only permanent solution and I praise the Lord I was "not patient" . Life is too short to be spent in misery and why ??? LIS is super safe procedure with experienced
CRS . I interviewed 5 - all between 15 and 35 years of experience -NONE EVER had a SINGLE case of incontinence!!! I always say - do not be afraid that they cut too much but that they do NOT cut enough !
To make my story shorter LOL - if I were you - I would definitely first try creams for 12 weeks - if nothing helps at all and you just can not stand it - go for a LIS !
Again - if you can not take it at allllll and just want it done - do not feel guilty about that - some people just can not live with it and fix it ASAP.
Wishing you the best of luck !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby susy1113 » 25 Mar 2010, 18:47

Fissulyna thank you thank you thank you!!!! I will give the meds a little more to work and hope for the best!!!
Thank you all for your help!
susy1113
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1