Water and what else?????

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Water and what else?????

Postby fire-cracker » 06 Jun 2010, 13:34

I used to be a big, big coffee/cola drinker, never water. Even though the coffee really didn't like me I insisted on drinking it everyday. I just need to make sure to have 1-2 cups and not a whole pot of coffee during the day (I work some long hours at work so it's possible for me to drink a whole pot). That was alot of my problem....way tooooooooo much coffee everyday. I never drank water. I can honestly say that I used to have maybe a total of 5 cups of water per year...and that's no lie. Since the fissure I have gotten used to drinking water (it was sooooooo hard in the beginning), and now I feel guilty if I don't drink plenty of water throughout the day. I guess that you could say that getting a fissure was one painful lesson, but it taught me that even though I don't care much for water...I know my body loves water.
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Elfkin » 06 Jun 2010, 14:13

I was exactly the same but with tea. I never ever drank pure water and it took me ages to get used to it. Also it takes a while for your bladder to adjust to drinking a large volume of water. Now I easily drink 2 litres a day plus 4-5 cups of tea. So I would say if you love coffee don't give it up all together just make sure you drink enough water as well.
The way I see it is that it's bad enough having a fissure giving up something you like/love completely is just adding to the misery!
Elfkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Jun 2010, 14:39

Yes- giving up on favorite food or drink is not easy , but sometimes it is necessary and not only for people who have fissures . So many conditions require diet modification - actually most of them. Anybody with digestive problems, any cardio-vascular problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol issues, allergies etc., etc. have to make BIG modifications and that I am sure covers at least 70 % of adult population.
So, although not easy or nice- they are necessary if one is looking for the long term benefits and true healing.
For me the fissure pain is not worth of ANY food or drink in this world and actually being on restrictive diet was the least of my concern Image I would have been living GLADLY just off air, if that was possible LMAO , just to be free of pain Image
We had members re-tearing after the single incidence of "being haughty" Image (like having a single Bailey ) - so , just be careful guys Image
Body has its own way of redistributing water , so drinking that extra water can end up in your bladder and not in the "poop" that again can get "dehydrated" in the colon by using anything that had diuretic effect and unfortunately for females even being effected by hormonal fluctuations also.
I would not risk it LOL - but it is just me : )))!!!
Best of luck to all
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61