botox today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

botox today

Postby mrfissure » 24 Jun 2010, 23:48

Hi guys,
After some searching, I found a CRS who believes in botox. Had two injections this morning. About 12 hours have passed now, and I don't feel any different than I did before the botox. I still feel 'tight', have pain passing gas, etc. Had one BM just now and it was painful, maybe a little less than usual but not by much. I'm wondering, are there some people who just don't get any benefit from botox? Or does it take a while to start working?
Mr. F.
mrfissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: botox today

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Jun 2010, 04:27

Botox needs some time to "kick in" !!! You should feel full effect in a week the latest : )) , but 3-5 days are needed for toxin to start having an effect !
Best of luck !!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby mrfissure » 25 Jun 2010, 16:43

Thanks Fissulyna, I'm glad to hear that. My dr. didn't say anything about how long it would take to work, and I didn't think to ask. I was just assuming it would work immediately. So I'll just have to wait and see...
By the way, anyone here ever have success with botox? or ever heard of anyone having success?
Thanks,
Mr.F.
mrfissure
Fibre Addict

Postby mmb0423 » 26 Jun 2010, 22:14

i had botox done at the beginning of april, and so far i'm still doing great! my fissure wasn't terrible at the time i had the botox done. it was almost healed, but i kept having small re-openings of the fissure. i was given 4 shots of botox, and had a small skin tag removed. i had some bleeding from the skin tag for about 3-5 days and then haven't had any bleeding since. i am doing pretty great now, aside from some discomfort from hemorrhoids. my doctor doesn't want to do anything surgically about the hemorrhoids until after i'm done having kids, since they usually aren't bothering me. i have still been very vigilant in following my fissure diet. i have read too many stories about people getting lax on things and having problems! i'm not up for that! i'm still drinking tons of water, eating lots of fiber, staying away from consitpating foods, and taking a magnesium supplement to help keep things moving & soft.
my doctor also did say that the botox could take up to two weeks to take full effect, so give it some time! i pray that this will be the solution for you!
mmb0423
Salt Bather