How long before the sphincter settles down after LIS?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How long before the sphincter settles down after LIS?

Postby StevePain » 26 Aug 2010, 14:22

Since I had my surgery 3 weeks ago my sphincter hasn't settled down, it does some crazy sh*t like tense up on me when I don't expect it, when I'm in the bath it's great, really relaxed but as soon as I stand up to get out then it tightens back up again, some of the time it feels really slack down there like I could F ART and sh*t myself and other times it just feels weird, I feel most comfortable on the toilet as the sphincter is really calm but as soon as I've finished and get up it all tightens up again there is associated pain with each tightening as well which is at the Fissure site 12 0'clock, plus stinging pain from the LIS site, basically it's doing my head in now, I'm wondering if it's still too early to expect total relief and just how long will it take to calm this crazy sphincter??
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: How long before the sphincter settles down after LIS?

Postby crimeofpassion » 26 Aug 2010, 19:00

I'm well over a year now since my LIS and still have muscle twitching, as well as burning and pain. Sometimes I appear to have blood as well on my stool, although no one can spot a fissure. But I don't think that's common. It can certainly take awhile, though.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Aug 2010, 23:21

Hey Steve, I definitely still had super weird sensations of all kinds going on 3 weeks after surgery. I think it's a bit early to expect total relief, although I'd expect you to see some improvement soon, say maybe over the next week or two. I personally took Vicodin on an "as needed" basis for many, many weeks after surgery just to put away episodes where my ass decided it didn't feel like behaving.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Philber » 27 Aug 2010, 05:32

Hey Steve, I'm five weeks out now, and I don't have any more discomfort, or spasms. I did have a different procedure from you though, and it makes sense that you would feel more pain from the fissure site than me, since you had the fissurectomy.
I have my post-op follow-up appointment this morning, so I'll let you know what the surgeon says, but I can't imagine it will be very eventful.
I hope that you start feeling a lot better really soon. We're rooting for you!
Philber
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby suzyljank » 27 Aug 2010, 08:10

Hi, it will be 2 years since LIS for me and I still get some burning and spasming at times. It's not as bad as before but it still sometimes happens.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby StevePain » 27 Aug 2010, 14:14

NG.. Super weird sensations just about sums it up, although today has been quite uneventful compared to previous days, I've just had the odd spasm with no pain, it kinda plays with your head as well as your ass LOL
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 27 Aug 2010, 14:20

Hey phil, that's great news, it must feel weird having a normal butt, I've forgotten what it feels like but am positive that things are improving slowly.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Philber » 27 Aug 2010, 16:12

Yeah, it's funny how the minds works. At first, it was weird having a normal butt, and I would think often about how wonderful it was. Now I'm starting to forget what it felt like to have an abnormal butt. I'm starting not to think about my butt, which is how I think life should be for the most part.
Philber
Salt Bather

Topics: 3