The Diltiazem Itch?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: The Diltiazem Itch?

Postby Raul » 29 Nov 2008, 11:10

I do agree with Cheryl, that some people are more sensitive to drugs than others.
I used Dilt for about 2 months, and never experienced an itch.
I did apply the Dilt with a qtip, and also wiped the excess so not to get any on my briefs.
Raul
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby juney » 29 Nov 2008, 11:31

while i think you definitely need surgery sunshine, maybe you could try A&D ointment in the meantime. it's a first aid cream used for diaper rash and other skin irritations. i've been slathering it on 3 times a day since my last surgery. i also use vitamin e for painful scar tissue because of all my surgeries. it might help you with your skin tags also. i just use a 100% vitamin e ointment and rub it all over the outside, then put a piece of gauze up against it so hopefully some will get absorbed inside.
i hope surgery eventually gives you complete healing...even if you have to wait quite awhile. you've been so patient til now, i'm sure you can hang in there a little longer.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 29 Nov 2008, 12:33

I understand Sunshine only too well....
Everything you said there about your itch i relate to it all Image
Since using the cream this time round i only put it inside as far as the applicator will go, i dont let any touch my skin and things have been ok so far, i only use it once per day ...I hate that itch Image
Try the anosol hc cream for the itch but not for prolonged periods, i hope you can try the applicator and things calm down for you soon Image
May god give you strength too ....
xx

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Nov 2008, 16:54

Sunshine - I am so sorry Image - fissures are the best torture devices EVER invented , so do not feel bad that you feel like crying - we all did. Those creams are known to cause itch - all of them, so you are not exception in any way! Since you have skin-tags it is very hard to "maneuver" application and to be "precise" - I had 2 tags myself and know what pain they are in their own way Image. They can get irritated by the smallest things , like shampoo left-over after showering , or if butt is not "pristine clean" . The only trick I can think about right now would be to first put some Vaseline on your tags and anus as a barrier, and than try to apply D. with applicator inside. Whatever you see seeping out back, remove gently with a q-tip. I never experienced itching using creams but can absolutely imagine how frustrating it can be Image .
Best of luck Sunshine - and don't be afraid if it comes to LIS - you suffered so much and for so long Image - you need a break !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby SunshineHope » 29 Nov 2008, 19:41

Thank you guys :( :( :( this is so depressing. I actually don't know how I'm still managing to send my essays and get everything done. One of my applications was late, argh, but hopefully the others will be fine. I usually need 8 hours of sleep but I've been sleeping only 5 hours and eating nothing beneficial because.... It seems like anything I eat just comes out wrong.....
I can't go across the border to the US tomorrow anymore :( hopefully I can skip work next week some day and go to get my Miralax. I would probably die (or live off of water and spinach) without Miralax right now... it's pretty much my only hope against killer BMs. I drank it last night and my morning BM was still painful (it never is when I take miralax)... but no blood, thankfully.
I think I need to take my laptop to the washroom and sitz while I type......
Guys, I will try your suggestion of putting it inside and wiping off any residue. I wiped it once with toilet paper and it spread everywhere (and this led to the irritation :( ). I will try to find a more careful way of doing it. Fiss y, do you think this is advisable? Or do you think I should stop using it altogether? You're the expert with this stuff Image
Thank you all for your advice and love. -SH
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Nov 2008, 20:34

Ah , dear Sunshine - how I wish I have all of the answers :( and offer ultimate help to all that are here. I can only speak from my own experience and from what I read.
I would try what I suggested - pitting first vaseline outside and a lot of it. Spread it well in crevices and all over the tags on both sides. Than use tube applicator and apply D. inside. Pull applicator out very slowly in squat position over the mirror. Have q-tips ready by your side and immediately wipe it all without smearing all around. Use 10 q-tips if you need to. Than when all is off, put again some vaseline to make physical barrier if anything seeps back later.
If you continue using D. it can not harm you in any way if it continues to itch even with careful application. The itch will stop as soon as you stop D. , if that is what worries you - that it might stay ? No, it should go away by discontinuation in a week or two. How about you try this trick with Vaseline and if it does not help ask for Nefedapine (sp. ?) Image Also, send me your address by PM and I will send you Miralax if you have no means of getting it !
PS: Is your D. cream just that or has anything else added in, like lidocaine etc. ???
All the best and I hope that Vaseline trick will work Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 30 Nov 2008, 08:08

You are a Image Fissy Image
Thats exactly what to do Sunshine Image
I lie on my bed for the application in hope it will stay up there !!!
With plenty of lube it should be possible to put that applicator all the way inside - just steady as you go !
For me i go high as possible and none whatsover externally - I hope this will help you and keep the itch at bay Image

Postby StevePain » 24 Sep 2010, 10:06

I suffer with the Diltiazem itch after about 2 or 3 days of use, it's an itch that simply cannot be ignored, I had previously been applying outside the anus as per my GP's instructions which I now know causes the itch, more recently I've been applying internally, as much as I can b/c of the surgical sites, it's difficult to get it in proper but whatever goes up stays and what is left outside is promptly cleaned off to avoid possible irritation, I'm using Nitro as well, alternating between the two
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby dgater » 24 Sep 2010, 15:11

Creams,botox and loose poop will only get you so far.I lived with all the symptoms,bouncing from "good days"to "just put me out of my misery"days.Had the LIS 11 days ago and why I waited is beyond me. The spams/pain/burn/itch ceased IMMEDIATLY after surg. Do yourself a favor and get this done.All the homeopathic alternatives in the world will never trump the results I personally have received . Dont delay,make it OK.
dgater
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby StevePain » 24 Sep 2010, 15:29

That's not entirely true dgater, some people on here have healed with Diltiazem, on the other hand I've tried all the available creams and ointments and ended up having LIS and Fissurectomy, everyone is different, some will heal using ointments others will have LIS.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45