Need help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Need help

Postby preru999 » 23 Nov 2010, 04:36

Hi ,
I have been suffering from anal fissure since 7-8years bt earlier i had ignored my pain,Recently months back wen things got worse i visited a doc who gave me few ointments n pain killers and high fiber powder..for few weeks i felt better but now again d pain has come up,and there is lots of bleeding and pain,due to this i am nt able to sit and i have to sit on a tube tire and m nt able to go to work also. Please help me out whether i need to go through any surgery...
preru999

Topics: 1

Re: Need help

Postby Guest » 23 Nov 2010, 07:06

Hey there,
It seems you have suffered for too long. Have you been seeing a CRS (colorectal doctor)?
This is no way to live:(. I would say definitely get the surgery. It really has gave me my quality of life back. There's no way I could have lived with my fissure for as long as you have. I had mine for 8 months and couldn't take it anymore.
Don't be afraid of LIS. I could have kicked myself for waiting so long to have it. It's really not that bad. It was much easier than having the fissure! Good Luck and take care!

Postby sidra1968 » 23 Nov 2010, 15:03

Hello! I agree with Dawn. I had the surgery fairly quickly and never looked back..I couldn't, wouldn't live with the pain. Don't be afraid, it's pretty minor compared to other procedures.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 23 Nov 2010, 15:10

Sidra, long time no see! Hope things are still good on the butt front :)
Preru, the surgery does work out great for most people. If you've had your fissure for 7-8 years then it may well be the only thing that cures you. But it's not clear what you've already tried. If you can share that with us, we can see if there are any non-surgical treatments left to try, or if you're already out of conservative options.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby sidra1968 » 23 Nov 2010, 15:16

Hey, just started a "new" topic to find you ..check it out, I mention Mizzou Image
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby preru999 » 26 Nov 2010, 04:21

Hi.. i have been given few ointments n few medicines my doctor says that i will be fine with that and i dnt need surgery but still i have pain n it keeps bleeding. He is our family doctor so my father also says i should go according to the doctor.I am using a ispaghula husk granules,combiflam tablet, cremaffin syrup...
preru999

Topics: 1