Progress then.......AARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Progress then.......AARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Postby Bumbutt » 15 Jan 2011, 12:14

Good for you to pursue this on Monday.
It's not nice, but putting it off might just make it worse (maybe - and we don't need worse!). Good that you already have the medication though...
I had the rectogesic, and I read somewhere that it can take some time to take effect (like a week or more, I seem to remember reading). I don't know if the diltiazem is the same? Keep using it - and take the 3 baths a day (ok, well, I only took 2 a day usually, except for one really bad day I took 3). Really warm (I was sweating in the bath tub). The rest of my day was spent sitting on a heating pad (or laying down with it wedged you know where). The heat really provided some relief.
I tried to spend as little time as possible on my feet - the tightness was just too much. Can you do the same?
Last edited by Bumbutt on 15 Jan 2011, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add text
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Bobcat » 16 Jan 2011, 03:12

I'm not bunged up, I suffer from IBS but rarely have constipation. I'm the type that eats then gets rid......particularly first thing which is why I never have breakfast outside of the house! Image
Yesterday I had 3 baths, but only ate one bowl of soup, 2 wholemeal buns and 2 slices of toast. I had a good night! I got up this morning dreading the first BM, and it was bad, but not as bad as yesterday!! Jumped straight in the bath and hey! No spasms!! Right at this moment I feel a million times better than I did yesterday morning. I'm already thinking about breakfast whereas yesterday I didn't eat until 4.30pm!
The bad part is that I'm a line manager for a busy packaging artwork studio, and busy going through rounds of interviewing so time off is a no no. I'm also studying part time for a degree in business management which I have to admit, I am thinking of ways of trying to do the work from home instead of sitting at college for 4 hours after a long day at work! Fingers crossed the college will work with me on this.
I have also invested in a heat pad to sit/lie on, so hopefully bum pleasing times are ahead!!
Thanks again for all the advice and just listening to my moaning on, which lets face it, it doesn't matter who we are, we're all moaning about the same things and going over it again and again!
This forum has been a god send!
Thanks guys!!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby happyass » 16 Jan 2011, 06:09

hi there bobcat,
seems like you are in a very stressful period with regards to work, school, and on top of it how your BMs will make you feel along with the after effects of the pain, bleeding, etc.
since you have IBS, all this stress can't be helping you.
becoming a vegetarian is all good and everything but it may or may not resolve your issues. but as with everything, moderation is key.
i hope you feel better today and get some relief at least until you are able to see a CRS via your private insurance.
you are probably stuck in one of those vicious cycles that seems never ending but it will let up. i know easier said than done but try to reduce your stress about the toilet, BMs, and pain and of course, work and school too.
i tell you during finals time in november, that is when all hell broke loose for me. i had the worse constipation because i was eating all sorts of things to deal with the craziness our instructor pulled on us the last week of school - and she did this for both of my classes with her! it stressed me the f&*( out! and i got to retear. and pain was not good.
anyway, i switched back to vegetarian/macrobiotic diet and the CRS gave me diltiazem and lidocaine and it was what put me over the good fence again. in less than 2 days. it's been more than 3 weeks now. haven't really used the lido much and have reduced the diltiazem to once a day or every other day.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby StevePain » 16 Jan 2011, 07:36

I also have IBS hence the Fybogel with Mebeverine that I'm taking, it helps with the cramps and generally makes the bowels work better (for me anyway).
If you're not constipated I would steer clear of Movicol and Docusate Sodium, it's more fibre that you need to bulk up stool not laxatives.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bobcat » 16 Jan 2011, 11:15

Oh right! So you think I should definitely move to Fybogel then?
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby StevePain » 16 Jan 2011, 13:11

Yeah, I'd definitely give it a try, it's the only thing that keeps my bowels working good, plus I don't have 8 BM's a day like I did on Movicol, BTW I've also been on Doc Sodium in the early days of my fissure and it didn't do a thing for me the same as Lactulose (crap)
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45