If you are having LIS, buy this beforehand! Balneol

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

If you are having LIS, buy this beforehand! Balneol

Postby ElizabethAnnB » 18 Jan 2011, 22:26

My CRS this week recommended that I go to Walgreens and buy Balneol. I had told him I was using cotton balls and baby wipes to clean up when I couldn't use a bath. He wasn't very happy. Anyway, he recommended Balneol. It is an anal lotion cleanser. I had to ask the Pharmacist to be able to find it.
I don't know if everyone already uses this or if I am posting this in the right spot, but this stuff is a godsend. It makes cleaning up virtually painless and it is like a cream, so it is so soft! No matter how many times you feel the need to wipe, it doesn't irritate or leave a residue behind. It also cleans well, so there isn't a need to wipe a million times.
It comes in a little squirt bottle and you can just squirt it on toilet paper or cotton balls and it is awesome! Just thought I would share. I wish I had this a week ago when I was having issues with discharge and was in and out of the bath ten times in a day. Image
ElizabethAnnB
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: If you are having LIS, buy this beforehand! Balneol

Postby Bumbutt » 19 Jan 2011, 03:20

Thanks for the tip!
What are the ingredients in this? A lot of times these medications or lotions go under a different name in other countries (or don't exist at all), so it's nice to know what it's made of - then I can search for something like it.
Thanks!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby cherylk » 19 Jan 2011, 03:52

I used to use this also. Still have bottles of it.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Bumbutt » 19 Jan 2011, 04:19

Oh, I forgot that I could actually use the internet to look up the ingredients! Image
http://www.balneol.com/about_ingredients.php
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Guest » 19 Jan 2011, 09:20

Hey Lisa, I read about many others using that on here too. I may have to get me some even though I'm already 3 months post-op... It may be a safe solution when I'm away from home for a quick clean up down there.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?