Fistulectomy post-op-day 8

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Fistulectomy post-op-day 8

Postby goodbye fistula » 26 Jan 2011, 00:21

guys is it normal to have blood in stool? after my stool came out, i saw drops of blood coming out, is it because of my fissure or my hemorrhoid, this is the 2nd time that it happened...
goodbye fistula
Fibre Addict

Postby Rei » 26 Jan 2011, 02:01

^
Did you get rid of your hemorrhoid too?
Well in my case I've had minor bleeding for more than a month. Accordingly, it is normal to experience it and could last up to 4 months. But you should also consult your doctor if you really want piece of mind. But as for me, I never went back to my doctor for follow-ups. Image
Rei
Fibre Addict

Postby goodbye fistula » 26 Jan 2011, 02:24

Hi Rei!
I was told that my hemorrhoid is too small and he did not remove them to avoid too much bleeding, could it be caused by fissure? fresh blood comes out after i poo, im really scared today... is it the same with you Rei? poo comes out then blood drops after...
goodbye fistula
Fibre Addict

Postby Rei » 26 Jan 2011, 02:41

goodbye fistula wrote:Hi Rei!
I was told that my hemorrhoid is too small and he did not remove them to avoid too much bleeding, could it be caused by fissure? fresh blood comes out after i poo, im really scared today... is it the same with you Rei? poo comes out then blood drops after...

Yes bleeding is normal. As I've said it can last for months. That's why you need to wear pads. I even used diapers for 5 weeks lol
Don't be scared everything will be fine. I was so like you before, and I always kept panicking but of course you need to toughen yourself up. Just keep boiling those bayabas leaves and do sitz bath to hasten the healing.
Rei
Fibre Addict

Postby afugh!! » 26 Jan 2011, 05:53

@ goodbye fistula-So are you seeing the blood on the stool?I never had blood on my stool after surgery,had blood on the tp while wiping but never on my stool itself but you just recently had surgery so any bleeding down there is normal.If there is any excessive bleeding then you should pack it with ice to stop it but other than that just continue the sitz bath.It's not unusal for a fissure to cause a hemorrhoid,I never had hemorrhoids before in my life til I got the fissure 2yrs ago.Everything you have concerns of seems to within the realm of normal post-op but if you really feel things are not right then don't hesitate to call your doctor.Take care of yourself now.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby goodbye fistula » 11 Mar 2011, 02:15

hi afaugh and Rei!
how are you doing? hope your still keeping an eye on this forum... i am now back to work after 50 days of rest, just moderate pain in my butt for sitting too long, the operation site is now healed and some little crack/tear in the scar occured when i started sitting, but my doctor said its normal, im still doing sitz bath.
as for stool softener, i have changed to natural remedy, like drinking papaya juice and 3 tbsp of virgin coconut oil everyday, it helped a lot and i think it contributed for healing of my fissure, now i only feel moderate pain in the fissure.
goodbye fistula
Fibre Addict

Postby Rei » 17 Mar 2011, 01:55

wow congrats! Me I'm now busy with my job application. It's a great feeling to get rid of it. Isn't it? :D
Rei
Fibre Addict

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?