Post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post LIS

Postby ss616 » 22 Apr 2011, 20:23

I did it!
Back home resting with 2 percocets in me.
What I wanted to share wilth all that I was immense pain for the last 2 weeks... Guess why? It wasn't just the spasms, the doc found that my AF was infected. He drained the pus, fixed up the fissure and I got LIS done!!
Feeling better already.
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Post LIS

Postby TheBoognish » 22 Apr 2011, 22:45

Glad you made it out alive with your arse in tact!
I didn't have all the "fixin's" with my LIS but it sounds like it all went well. Rest your bum, drink lots of water, eat lots of high fiber foods, and take stool softeners for the first week or so and you'll be just fine. The first BM isn't as bad as you think it will be and you might be constipated for the first few days. There may also be blood in your stool and on the TP but it'll go away in about a week.
I hope you have a quick recovery!
TheBoognish
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Elphie » 23 Apr 2011, 11:14

Congratulations! I'm glad you got though it, I have 5 days left so I hope your recovery is good! I hope you'll b up to updating but make sure you take care of yourself! The worst is over, happy healing!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby ss616 » 23 Apr 2011, 11:55

Everyone - LIS is a piece of cake. It's less than 24 hours since and I am off all painkillers. Haven't even taken ibuprofen nor painkillers for 12 hours now. Feel fine.
Just a little 'tight' at the incision site but HUGE pain relief from this time yesterday!
No BM yet but I am on 1.5x dosage Miralax so hoping it will be SOFT!
ss616
Salt Bather

Postby ss616 » 23 Apr 2011, 11:58

One weird thing that did happen is I woke up from surgery with sore calf muscles! Even the doc and nurses said that was odd. I must have run a marathon while sleeping Image
The GA did leave me a little sore throat but it will be fine.
ss616
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 23 Apr 2011, 12:19

Way to go SS! I'm so glad you aren't suffering with a lot of pain. It is strange about the calf muscles - maybe your legs were trying to get you outta there!
I'm sure your first BM will go very well and you will want to tell us how wonderful it was as soon as it happens. Keep us posted and take good care of yourself!
Deleted User 579

Postby ss616 » 24 Apr 2011, 09:49

Had my first BM today! Approx 40 hours after surgery, day two. Good news is that even though I was on 3 perocets, the 1.5x Miralax + 300 mg Magnesium paid off and the BM was 'fluffy' and soft!!
The BM itself did not hurt at all like it used to; I got more pain from the incision site as well as fresh blood from there. I know the blood was from there as it was bright/fresh and came onto wet TP with gentle wiping.
Feel like I have made the next major milestone - now hoping there are no spasms and pain rest of the day and will take it a day at a time.
Thank you all for your wishes, this was the right decision.
ss616
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Apr 2011, 12:04

Congratulations SS!! I'm glad the first BM went so well. This is quite a milestone. I hope the rest of your day is going very well too.
Deleted User 579

Postby frustrated » 24 Apr 2011, 17:44

Thanks SS for the update, I am happy it went well for you....I am going in tomorrow morning so you're helping me out alot here.....
I'll post when I am able...
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby ss616 » 24 Apr 2011, 18:22

You will rock it frustrated, easy peasy.
Bad news: I do have a good amount of bleeding throughout the day, with some brown discharge. Not saying I am pooping myself.. But it is a little frustrating to see blood.
Good news: no spasm pain!! No pain from the fissure that I can tell! And while there is some blood bad news, the flip side is that's it's only day 2 after Open LIS!
I'm continuing my magnesium and Miralax for the next few weeks just to be safe. Simple diet rich in fruits and veggies, lentils and some whole grain bread and oatmeal.
ss616
Salt Bather