Newbie here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie here

Postby Daisy1026 » 23 Apr 2011, 05:54

Hi all..
I have been suffering from this monster for a bit over 7 months.. I developed it from would you beleive going on holiday and becoming very ill, and as per alot of you my doc prescribed me suppositories before referring me to a CRS. I am currently on my second round of Botox which I also had some skin tags removed... I am in alot of pain at day four and am starting to wish I had gone LIS I had the choice but opted for a second round of Botox... I am trying to stay positive (hopefully will help healing) but I am so ready to give up! My Partner and family have been great but they don't understand. My partner just keeps saying take more pain killers stay positive well after 7 months it gets hard.. Anyways on day 4 so still got time to heal, if this fails then I think definately the LIS route for me!! Hope you are all in not to much pain today xx
Daisy1026
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Newbie here

Postby Elphie » 23 Apr 2011, 10:02

Welcome, daisy, sorry you're in pain. I opted out of the second round of Botox becuz the first round made my pain immeasurably worse! I am currently 5 days away from my LIS and I CAN'T WAIT! I hope after 7 months you've got a heating pad, helps me get thru the day, also a low dose of Valium seems to curb the burning spasms. I had to ask my GP for the Valium, she prescribed oxazepam, a non addictive, slow release form of Valium. Can't believe I got this far without them! And last but not least, miralax/ movicol/ restoralax. Life changing. I've been using it for a little over a month and haven't had blood on the TP even once. Hopefully u find a formula that works for u to get u thru until u can get LIS if the Botox doesn't work.
It's true that partners and friends have no idea what you're going thru, but here you've found lots of us who understand, sympathize, and will help u through this. Hope u have a good butt day!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Elphie » 23 Apr 2011, 10:04

I forgot to mention ibuprofen and generic robaxacet really takes the edge off. I know this is true because I've had to stop taking the ibuprofen to prepare for surgery and I have alot more pain without it!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 23 Apr 2011, 12:24

Welcome Daisy! I'm so sorry you are going through this, but I'm glad you are here because you will get a lot of support and help from the folks on this forum. Friends and family really can't understand what life is like with an AF, as wonderful as they may be. I really hope that the botox works for you, but if it doesn't there are lots of LIS success stories here that I think you will find helpful and inspirational, should it come to that.
Deleted User 579

Postby Daisy1026 » 19 May 2011, 19:09

Thanks for the advice and support guys! I have been reading your updates after both of your LIS and sounds as if you are doing well. I went out and got a heatpad too Elphie what a godsend thanks for that helps so much at work when I am sitting all day!!
Daisy1026
Fibre Addict

Postby Elphie » 20 May 2011, 05:38

Yes, the heating pad, it was like my boyfriend for the last eight months. I have one in the car that plugs into the lighter and a magic bag that I can microwave if I have to go somewhere... I never tell ppl what it's for, but I've microwaved that baby in restaurants, walmart, even had them warm it at the dentist once...
It's been three weeks since LIS, I never thought I'd feel normal again. But I do! Still taking it easier than before AF, but shopping is no longer a nightmare so I'm getting out more. Now, I'm just enjoying all my blooming spring flowers and I can even bend over to smell them!
Hope you're having a good butt day!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 20 May 2011, 07:43

Wow Elphie - you were very serious about the heating pads! It so glad that's working for you, Daisy. I have heard that it can take botox a while to start working (when it does work) so perhaps it still might work for you. Are you taking warm baths too? That can also help with the pain and to get the blood flowing to the butt and promote healing. The skin tag removal is likely also causing quite a bit of the pain you are experiencing, so I imagine you will be in a better position to know what you want to do in a few weeks once things settle down a bit. I know that sounds like eternity when you're in pain! I really hope you are having a better day today. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby frustrated » 25 May 2011, 12:18

Daisy...I am 4wks post op and skin tag removal and stillhave some pain from the skin tag incision. It has been soooo painful and I didn't take any painkillers because I feared constipation.
At first I thought it wasn't healing, but it is just so slow. I don't know why. The baths are key for me...at the height of pain I was taking 5 a day.
Your first post was a month ago...so hopefully you are doing better now. If it turns out you need LIS, I think you'll be fine with it because the skin tag removal seems to cause the most problems/pain for people on this site post op.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Daisy1026 » 27 May 2011, 00:39

Thanks ladies for your support!!
Frustrated the skin tag sites are very painful sometimes I think it's more pain than the fissure- hard to tell also as it seems to radiate all around!
I went and saw my CRS last week and ge tells my fissure is almost healed great!! Pain is still intense so mire baths to heal skin tag wounds.. Yesterday I ended up back at my docs as the wound has become infected which was causing alot of the pain. She put me on Antibiotics and gave me some strong painkillers- frustrated I have no idea how you made it through without any.. So after nearly six weeks post botox I am doin ok.. antibiodics have kicked in and I am thinking once the pain disappears from infection shoul be on the path to almost healed positive thinking and all that Image
Daisy1026
Fibre Addict