LIS Scheduled

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS Scheduled

Postby lost » 08 Jun 2011, 14:34

Hi everyone.
I spent all weekend discussing the pros and cons of LIS with my wife and parents. Monday morning I called and made the appt for LIS for Friday Afternoon.
I have to do 2 fleet enemas. Is anyone here familiar with that / had to do the same thing for pre-op?
Anxiety comes and goes and I get nervous and have to talk myself into not cancelling. But the future will be brighter I believe, with the surgery.
lost
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: LIS Scheduled

Postby Brewmaster Mike » 08 Jun 2011, 20:01

I'm in the same boat. Not looking forward to the enemas nor the surgery, but I'm sure we'll be glad we went through with it once it's all over. Good luck to you!
Brewmaster Mike
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby New mum » 08 Jun 2011, 21:17

Hey i had to use the fleet enemas before LIS and will have to for my test next week. To be honest i was more worried about the stuiped enema then the LIS hahaha. once i done the enema i was like "what the f**k was i stressing over. so done worry about the enema its really really not that bad. I use heaps of vasline on the tip and on my butt so it would be less painful. i also jumped in the bath after it to be on the safe side. good luck
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby sidra1968 » 08 Jun 2011, 21:20

I just had to take a crapload of prescription Miralax the day before the LIS to clean everything out..ask your doc if you can do that because there's NO flippin' WAY I would've stuck an enema up there lol
There's also Fleet liquid enemas that one can freeze in a shot glass with koolaid (they say grape is the best) and you shoot it down, seriously. I did this the night before a partial hysterectomy.
I'm telling ya, do not be fearful of the actual LIS, I was actually looking forward to it - better than just doing nothing and getting NO better week after horrible week, month after excruciating month.
I even said "Let's get this party started" to the docs/nurses right before I went under the gas. Might as well keep the humor!..and honestly, I was so looking forward to having my life back.
Please keep the updates coming.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Deleted User 579 » 09 Jun 2011, 06:40

Hey Lost! The enemas don't sound like much fun at all (I didn't have to do that for my LIS), but I'm sure you are going to be so glad you had the surgery. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to be nervous. The surgery gave so many of us our lives back. When it's over, you can focus on healing instead of just coping with pain.
Good luck tomorrow! Image
Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby lost » 09 Jun 2011, 10:26

Thanks everyone. I am going to pick up my enemas right now. Get to look the enemy in the face.
I am not too nervous right now. Kind of nervous about the no food/no drink for 12 hours before the surgery. Especially after I have gotten use to finishing a Liter of water every 3 hours of the day.
I am so glad this forum is here. Thanks again everyone.
lost
Fibre Addict

Postby New mum » 10 Jun 2011, 00:45

I was also worried about that i drink soooo much water. But i think that since your using the enema it removes whats in the lower part of your bowel and not eating stops it from causing ur bms to get 2 hard.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby frustrated » 10 Jun 2011, 02:16

Good Luck lost....the surgery is a breeze and it does let you start to get on with living again. Like Hope wrote...you focus on healing rather than just coping with pain.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby lost » 10 Jun 2011, 10:03

3 hour countdown til I leave for the CRS. Had my first enema last night. Interesting. Didn't know I had that much waste in me. Left my stomach muscles sore the rest of the night. I have to take my second enema in 1 1/2 hours. Then I am off.
Thanks everyone. You guys are the best.
lost
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 10 Jun 2011, 10:16

GOOD LUCK, LOST! Image Image
Everything is going to go brilliantly ... and when you get home, you can tell us all about it and we will say many encouraging things. We are here to support you as you recover. Soon you will be healing and getting your life back!
keep us posted :D
Deleted User 579