UPDATE, tag gone, no fissure left

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

UPDATE, tag gone, no fissure left

Postby ren0318 » 07 Jun 2011, 15:42

So I go to the CRS today. She scopes me, finds nothing.....I said that cant be i hurt, she said, this tag looks irritated, I vote we take it off. Well I do know that tag hurts all the time, I guess it's hard for me to tell if it's the fissure or the tag causing the pain. So, removed the tag, sent me home with a prescript for some Vicodin and called it a day. So far I've have felt very little pain and that was earlier today when the numbing shot was wearing off, once I took the pain meds, I've felt nothing. I just changed the dressing and there was hardly anything on it. She did say that between tonight and tomorrow, I could start having worse pain....I sure hope this does the trick, although I still feel like I'm to tight down there and I know I still have the feeling of having a spasm, but I'm trying to be optimistic! I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all you support, Reno318
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Re: UPDATE, tag gone, no fissure left

Postby sidra1968 » 07 Jun 2011, 20:27

Wow, quite a story. Hope things work out and yes, please keep us updated.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby ren0318 » 08 Jun 2011, 08:27

I spoke to soon, been in pain all morning after the dreadful BM. I guess it's really as much pain as it is stinging and throbbing.
ren0318
Salt Bather

Postby sidra1968 » 08 Jun 2011, 19:44

Sorry reno. That is one of the most frustrating problem with these damn fissures............false hope. I hope you feel better soon.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby ren0318 » 09 Jun 2011, 19:12

Day 3 after tag removal, this morning was a little ruff, but as the day has progressed it's gotten much better. I do know that I don't get along well with Vicodin, first time I've taken it and boy was I sick yesterday!! Today I used some Tramdol that my family Dr had given when the fissure problem first started. It has done a good job keeping pain in check today. I hope this is over soon.
ren0318
Salt Bather

Postby Daisy1026 » 09 Jun 2011, 19:48

Ren0318- I know how u feel! Skin tag removal is hell also. I am nine weeks out and got false hope last week but this week bamm back to the thrilling and stinging. It's not spasm pain but it does sting like anything!
I agree tramadol is a god send with pain although does make me feel a little funky.
Good news with the fissure mine doc also tells me mine is healed up but so hard to tell the difference in pain as you said...Hope the wound heals up quickly for you and your pain free soon :D
Daisy1026
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby frustrated » 10 Jun 2011, 02:25

ren0...oh yes...the skin tag incision is painful...I am 7 1/2 weeks post op and the tag is still giving me some pain. But it is better, much better. I was in ALOT of pain the first 3 weeks and I was afraid to take pain meds for fear of constipation. The best advice I got was from the nurse...LOTS of baths. I was soaking 5 times a day whenever possible. They were soothing and helped me drain, which relieved pressure. I had LIS too, so your experience may be different. Try to read the thread from Bummer about skin tag removal.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby ren0318 » 13 Jun 2011, 18:57

Thanks friends! the baths are a good idea tried that this morning, going to do it again before bed.
I do have one question, if the fissure is healed, and the tag heals, what can be done if the spasms won't stop? Do folks have LIS just for spasms and no fissure?
ren0318
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 14 Jun 2011, 07:00

Hi Ren0 - I actually don't know what happens in that case. I imagine that an LIS might still be an option, since a high sphincter resting tone would be a precondition for developing more fissures. Perhaps you can ask your doc if a high resting tone is an indication for surgery, and if you can get a manometry(?) - a test to check resting tone.
Good question! If you find the answer, can you let us know?
I hope you're having a good day :D
Deleted User 579