Help! (keep thinking it's cured, then soreness returns) :-(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Help! (keep thinking it's cured, then soreness returns) :-(

Postby fissurepaingy » 02 Jul 2011, 17:11

val wrote:Sometimes the donuts do more harm than good - they put strain on the fissure, like when you sit on a toilet for too long!

Actually just read about that and told her not to get the donut... makes sense. She's just getting me more metamucil! That's a life saver... it's feeling not too bad today. Back to another sitz bath!
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby fissurepaingy » 03 Jul 2011, 11:46

Question; Was wondering at this point what the best thing to do is. On 6-20 I woke up and the pain started, could barely walk, sit or anything, most of that week I limped. The following week of 6-27 I had no more limping, the pain went down a lot... Now it seems to alternate between sore/itch. Monday 7-4 will be 2 weeks exactly. I was wondering... based on this, does it look good as far as me healing this thing myself? I don't know if I should give it another week or two to see if it improves before heading to the doc? Just wondering what the best thing to do is now, based on my progress and what not...
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby adam » 03 Jul 2011, 16:01

You should give that area a good visual self-inspection, just gently spread your cheeks and use a mirror to look at the area. If there seems to be a lump at the top of your bum hole, or anywhere around it, you may have a hemorrhoid or or skim tag, and it would definitely be best to see a colorectal surgeon, or at least an experienced doctor, as the prescriptions they would give you would speed up the healing process.
Even if there isn't a lump, or even if the area looks normal, you know yourself that the feeling there is unusual, is not right, and may be serious. The faster you get to a Colorectal surgeon, the faster it will be healed.
I have had the same pains as you for 3 weeks. The first two weeks I had no lump but a lot of pain. At the end of the second week, I felt the lump as I was drying it and the lump was the source of pain for the third week. The doctor said it was a hemorrhoid and gave me the medication for it.
The third week I stayed at home from work, using the medication, and now it seems like it's been getting better - slowly - everyday. I'm trying one day at work tomorrow to see how it goes ( sitting, standing, lifting - construction stuff). I helped a friend move this week as well carrying couches tvs dressers etc, and it wasn't bad at all.
The one thing we have to take control of for sure is our bowel movements. Making sure they're soft and not held in, go when we have to. I'm still having trouble with getti g mine thinner but they are otherwise perfect, a cardboard brown, almost odourless, and shaped like a torpedo. I'm also making an appointment tomorrow, as fri sat and sun they're closed, with the colorectal surgeon to find out exactly what's going on, and maybe I can be prescribed even better meds. I'm also going to ask about a good diet to be on, whether I should be working or not, etc.
If you just go to a doctor for this problem, it's like buying a brand new ferrari from a used dealer in Asia rather than buying a ferrari from the main dealer in Italy (that would be the colorectal surgeon).
P.s. - anyone have any natural ideas to make my stools thinner? Or maybe is it because I only have one bm a day, Nd maybe I need two. I'm worried though that two a day would cause more trauma. Geez, can't wait to see the CRS!
adam
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby StevePain » 04 Jul 2011, 07:28

Fissures have a nasty habit of rearing their ugly heads when you least expect it, IMO they have a mind of their own I'm convinced, and when they are faced with surgery they miraculously go into hiding as though nothing was wrong.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45