sudden issue

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: sudden issue

Postby sudden » 04 Jul 2011, 09:25

Thanks for the uninsured perspective. Yesterday's anterior re-tear has not seen much improvement, but the good news is that trying to relax really gives me a few hours of spasm-free time each day even before using ointment. Bad news is that the weight shift of typing brings spasm fast. Posterior and left and right tears hurting less. Anterior gone backwards. Though less than yesterday, right is still worse than before car incident by far.
Any experiences with wheat grass, anyone?
sudden
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby sudden » 04 Jul 2011, 13:15

Anterior now far worse after trying to very slowly and gently check for blood with toilet paper. Some areas tolerate so little movement that slow is not slow enough, and gentle is not gentle enough. "This is either a major worsening of one, or a whole new tear.
Any experiences with topical wheat grass creams or drinking soy milk, anyone?
sudden
Fibre Addict

Postby val » 04 Jul 2011, 14:20

You can give wheatgrass, soy, ect., a try - it might work. But probably won't. It really is best to get a good CRS, or see a gp and ask for one of the healing ointments. If you are suffering so much it is probably not worth the time, effort and money trying hocus pocus creams. Like Dawn says - don't just let it carry on and on without doing something to heal it.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby sudden » 07 Jul 2011, 11:36

Thanks, Val. I think that's good advice. Actually, I saw a doctor a week or two ago , and I got a 0.02% Nitroglycerin presciption, which does help with spasms. I also have an appointment with a CRS tomorrow. I woke up yesterday with little or no spasm, and I went half the day without spasms before my usual medicine time. That was nice. An involuntary yawn and stretch before fully waking often fires it up after an almost motionless night, but not yesterday. Bad today, though. Still, I am encouraged overall, having spent about three hours out of the house yesterday with minimal consequence. As for soy milk, I did not intend to use it topically, just as a protein source that I hoped would be less constipating than milk. I drank only half a glass and chased it with water, keeping the rest of my diet fissure-perfect. No adverse effects noted. Hope to update with good news soon.
sudden
Fibre Addict

Postby val » 08 Jul 2011, 03:31

LOL! I know you didn't mean soy milk topically - who knows though, maybe it's a miracle cure!
Seriously though, if you take stool softeners milk shouldn't really be an issue.
Best of luck with your appointment today, and glad you're feeling a bit better.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86