Here I go...Fissurectomy & botox tomorrow:(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Here I go...Fissurectomy & botox tomorrow:(

Postby busybrooke3 » 06 Aug 2011, 09:23

Day 4- Thanks for the encouragement. Things are getting much better. I have little to no pain at all. I'm off the Norco and yes the ibuprofen and tylenol are helping, but really not needed. The worst thing at the moment is all the laxitives I have to take. And yes, I do feel like the muscle is starting to loosen up, I think the botox is starting to work. The nurse said that I can't let my stool get even slightly hard, or everything could rip open. The BM's are soft and non painful. Sometimes there is a little bit of bright red blood in the stool, but they said that is normal. Sitz baths are my best friend, 4-5 a day really help the discomfort. I can't really call it pain anymore. I feel like I should knock on wood fast, with all of this pain free talk. I really expected more pain and bleeding. I have no bleeding except what I see in the stool and a little on the TP after I wipe. So far-so good!!!
busybrooke3
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby of all the places to hurt » 06 Aug 2011, 09:52

Am so glad to hear your on the mend :D
It's reassuring Brooke
Well Done Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby SummerGal » 06 Aug 2011, 15:36

Sounds like you are doing pretty well there Brook! I hope it continues! Good luck!
SummerGal
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby busybrooke3 » 07 Aug 2011, 15:53

Thanks for the kind words. Today is Day 5, after the fissurectomy and botox. Yesterday was a good day and I probably did too much. Today I am just a little sore and very run down feeling. The pain level is still very low, much better than the fissure pain on a good day. I'm on a massive amount of laxitives and stool softners and natural stool softners/fruit and yet my stools are still not completely soft. BM's are slightly painful, but a sitz bath helps. Does anyone know if you can damage yourself by using so much laxitive garbage? My doctor told me to add more laxitive to my routine, but I'm hesitant. Here's what I'm on so far: Miralax 17 grams 2 X a day, stool softners 2 @ 2 times a day, Milk of Magnesia 2 tbl spoons 1 time a day, and eight boiled prunes every night. I feel so sick to my stomach from all of this that I'm really not eating a lot, but I am drinking water all day long. Does anyone have a suggestion that might help and be more natural?
busybrooke3
Salt Bather

Postby modernstyler » 15 Aug 2011, 11:56

Hi there, just to share, I read that Botox treatment may have relapse. Read it here :
Botox vs Sphincterotomy
Anyway, it is a practical treatment for less serious fissure. Looking like your is working out pretty good so far. Keep us posted of your progress.
modernstyler

Topics: 1

Postby busybrooke3 » 15 Aug 2011, 17:18

Hi- Thanks for that info. I'm hoping this will work for me. I think a lot depends on diet, which I'm working on. I'm almost 2 weeks post-op, and I'm 99.8% pain free. I'm still taking it easy. Sitz baths are down to 1-2 a day. I'm still taking an anti-inflamitory med, but no pain pills needed. My big issue is the fact that I'm still on a lot of laxitives. I think the relapse could come after I'm off laxitives and end up with a hard BM. That is my biggest fear. It's so nice to be pain free. Just two weeks ago I was in constant pain with the fissure, and I couldn't imagine life without pain. I would love things to stay this way-pain free!!! We'll see what happens...
busybrooke3
Salt Bather

Postby busybrooke3 » 22 Aug 2011, 20:09

It has now been almost three weeks since my fissurectomy and botox. The doctor said that I am healing amazingly well. I have no pain, only a little after a BM, but it goes away and it is not worth a tylenol. My concern was that he had me taking so much laxative, but I am now on a weening off process. I take two metamucil wafers in the morning, one stool softner at noon, one cap full of miralax in the afternoon and one teaspoon of metamucil in a glass of water in the evening with a stool softner. In a few days I will lower my dose of miralax, then a few days later lower my dose of miralax until I am completely off of the miralax. Then I will work the same way to get off of the stool softners. He wants me to always take the metamucil. It is nasty, but sure works! I think the key here is to always keep my stools soft and healthy, so I don't end up back in the same pre-surgery boat. Wish me luck....
busybrooke3
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2011, 20:39

Good Luck Brooke!!! Rock on with your bad self!! Yes, do it all very slowly!:)

Postby trieditall » 02 Jul 2013, 12:56

Brooke wondering if you're still around on this site! I see you had the same procedure I just had.. only two years prior. How are you? Please say completely healed with no setbacks! I'm on day two so just wondering how others in same boat have faired!
trieditall
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby busybrooke3 » 02 Jul 2013, 13:14

Hello- You haven't heard from me because the surgery took care of my issues. I'm completely healed with no setbacks! However, every night since the surgery I have had a glass of water mixed with 100% natural psyllium fiber (Metamucil) before bed. I highly recommend it. It's not habit forming or harsh, it's a totally natural way to keep yourself regular. I wish you the best! Baby yourself and take lots of sits baths to help relieve pain while you're healing. God Bless!
busybrooke3
Salt Bather