external hemm

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

external hemm

Postby jenny2 » 27 Aug 2011, 07:15

i have a external hemm and just healed a anal fissre last week. my doc a GP prescribed me proctosol 2.5 creme for outside. is this safe to use when i just got over having a anal fissure. just wondering if it is ok to use..
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Re: external hemm

Postby val » 27 Aug 2011, 08:47

Some GPs know nothing about fissures, so their idea of healed may be wrong! A lot of us have had bad experiences with doctors.
Most of the hemmie creams contain hydrocortisone, which can thin the skin - the last thing you need on a newly healed fissure!
If it is really red, or mauvey blue, then it could be thrombosed. Is it excrutiatingly painful? My first fissure was caused by one of those bursting. Ughhh, so painful!
Try the ice cube I suggested on your other thread, it takes the pain away and the swelling down.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby of all the places to hurt » 27 Aug 2011, 08:52

Proctosol is another name for Anusol that we can can buy over the counter. I wouldn't waste your time with this. But, that's just me Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 27 Aug 2011, 23:09

Hey Jenny, I had Ext-H five years ago. As i can re collect the best way to counter Ext-H is using home remedies, it may be time consuming but worth it because in your case you need at least a minimum of weeks for the Healed fissure to feel strong. I remember my Surgeon telling me A fissure is always a fissure. So remember we need to take of the fissure to take care of our-self. Take care
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2