levator problems?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

levator problems?

Postby buttgirl » 19 Sep 2007, 17:28

Hi all,

So as not to further hijack the external fissure thread, I decided to post this separartely.

I'm still uncomfortable and I don't know why. I went in for my CRS exam today and my CRS said that I look all healed from the fissure. Yippee! I do have a small internal hemmie, which the dr said "didn't impress him much." And didn't really need banding. When he touched it, I could tell that was not where my current pain was coming from.

So my question:

does any one have anal levator muscle problems?

I feel pressure from my rectum after bm. The area actually feels tender, not in a fissure way, but in a bruised way, and the sphincter has gone back to being pretty tight. Any thoughts?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: levator problems?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 Sep 2007, 18:59

My only thoughts are you need to do something to get that sphincter loose again, before it causes worse problems...the BP creams are the only conservative methods I like, short of botox, which may be overkill...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 20 Sep 2007, 08:07

Hey Chris,
I think that I do. I haven't been told as such but I am going through a flare right now and I think it might be what it is.
My rectal pain from the hemmie, fissure and skin tag are gone but I have something left behind. The nerves there are so whacked out it feels like the part of my skin is on fire. I think the problem is caused by the tension I had from being in pain from the acute problem and then I got my period this week and I have been spasming like crazy so that area is so tight it seems to be compressing the nerve.
I am going to see my Cranial Sacral therapist today (she also does PT and visceral maniupaltion) and will ask her abou that. I have had really good success with her so I really would have no hesitation recommending this type of therapy for you. If you think you might want a consult here is a website to help you find a practitioner. I was so happy to find one just an hour away from me. http://www.iahp.com/pages/search/index.php#result
She does a lot of myofascia work with me getting the muscles to release in the pelvis and helping to unlock it. My pelvis is tilted forward and the coccyx is bent in from a fall and childbirth. She is recommending me to see a PT who does internal work through the vagina and rectum to help unlock that area. I should get the referral today. I don't know if this it TMI for you but I just wonder if maybe you are having some reaction to all the tension and pain you have had down there.
There is a book called Headache in the Pelvis I have heard about but haven't read. I should check it out and see if might be beneficial for us. I go see a neurologist next week but I really don't want to get on more drugs.
I hope you get this figured out soon.
Take care,
Lecia

Postby buttgirl » 20 Sep 2007, 09:17

Thanks Lecia. That is vry helpful. It does seem like I have a heache in my pelvis and that the skin there is on fire. I will check out the sites you posted. I read yesterday that there was a woman who developed levator problems after a hemmie banding and she is currently on diltiazem as a muscle relaxant.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Sep 2007, 09:28

I am using dilatiazem right now too. I may end up staying on it for awhile if it seems to help. My CRS says that some people just keep using it indefinitely if they have tight sphincters.

Postby buttgirl » 20 Sep 2007, 10:55

Maybe I should ask for some or for some nifedipine. The surgeon, not my CRS, who cut my canal refused to give me more nifedipine, which seemed to help. The nitro, which my regular dr keeps renewing my prescrition for, has only helped a very little bit.
buttgirl
King Fissure