WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!!

Postby Jojo1 » 27 Oct 2011, 10:09

Sorry, just need to whine a moment I guess. I'm reading all of these posts where people say they got their poo to a good soft consistency that works for them and get to the point of no pain upon elimination. I've gotten to that point of not much pain during and immediately after (except for this morning cuz it was a little too liquidy which irritates me more), but I still dread going to the bathroom.
Not because of pain during, but the pain that starts after my soak. The area seems to be so swollen and inflammed. I thought I was dealing with hemorrhoids, but there's no evidence of it. When I examine the area it is puffy and swollen, but no veins, piles, etc., that I can distinctly feel.
So, do you all not have pain related to your fissure beyong the stinging, etc. of the fissure itself? Do you not have any pain, discomfort, swelling and soreness of the general area due to the fissure?
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Re: WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!!

Postby Sue1962 » 27 Oct 2011, 11:12

Sorry your in pain Jojo, I had a terrible day yesterday!!! I have pain (spasms) after I have a BM. My fissure also stings and burns like hell. I also have a tag from my fissure which drives me crazy! Sometimes hurts worse than the fissure itself. Try to get your BM to pudding consistency too liquidy kills me also. I have been using MOM, I have Miralax but I am afraid to switch now b/c my fissure is feeling better and I know everyone on here says it takes like 3 days for it to work and just afraid to not have BM for 3 days. Hope this helps
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby alpinestrawberry » 27 Oct 2011, 12:24

You are probably having spasms. I didn't think I was because all I felt was burning, it wasn't like a regular muscle cramp feeling. But I'm pretty sure that some of us experience spasms as just burning pain.
I forget whether you have any ointment? You could try to use it when the pain hits. It didn't always work for me, though, but what did help was taking a walk. Some people can't stand to walk with a fissure because it aggravates it but for me it was the opposite. Often a good, long walk was the only thing that would stop the burn.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby StevePain » 27 Oct 2011, 12:26

Poop consistency is the hardest thing to achieve, I've been trying for years!!! Too mushy or runny and it stings and burns like hell, too hard and it hurts on the way out, jeez, we just can't win, for the moment I'm taking Movicol and it's making my BM's overly soft and causes burning and also having too many BM's in day causes the same, it's just so hard, even experimenting with different foods on the Movicol causes dodgy stools, I just don't think my Digestive system can cope with it..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Sue1962 » 27 Oct 2011, 15:55

walking definately helps me too. It is the only thing that gets rid of the spasm other than xanax and I can't take that while I work...makes me sleepy, and thanful I walk all day at work. I usually take 400-600mg ibuprofen in the morning and go to work. The Weekends are harder b/c I don't walk as much. It is hard to get the right consistency poop for me too. Either to watery or too hard, but playing with my food and dose and I am starting to find a happy medium.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby StevePain » 29 Oct 2011, 01:11

I agree Sue, walking does help, it's just having the motivation though when in pain, I used to be quite athletic before my hemmie and fissure pain started but am now lucky to exercise at all.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45