finally got the ditz 2% cream

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

finally got the ditz 2% cream

Postby sputnik » 10 Nov 2011, 00:31

Sorry can't spell it, lazy to look it up. Saw my gp today and asked him again for the cream and he gave me. I can't use it yet as i have my dreaded monthly's. Its so hard not seeing a crs as dr. wouldn't refer me, he said the gen surgeon will do it in 4 months. When i saw him back that's what he said to come back in 6 months if its still there. I'm not complaining about the time because i'm a chicken for surgery. So far its the same but last 2 nights it burned really bad. But by morning its okay. I still have my appt with a 2nd dr. that i'm considering to change to. I see him mon and will ask him about a crs. About this cream how do i put it on, i can't see my cut, its covered by a tag. Its going to hard for me to move the tag, i'm squemish.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Re: finally got the ditz 2% cream

Postby dwarfs8 » 10 Nov 2011, 03:03

is there instructions on the box? I think u can just use a cotton bud and dip the cream gently into the anus. It worked for me when i was using the nitro. I'm assuming it's the same
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby TonyStone » 10 Nov 2011, 04:25

You may want to consider pushing the doctor very strongly for a referral to a CRS who has experience in LIS surgery too. Everytime I read these stories it scares me to think the US is going to be in the same boat if NHC keeps on the path it is now
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Savaici » 10 Nov 2011, 11:39

You do not have to put the Diltiazem inside. I only used it on the outside (I had Nifedipine), as that is where my CRS told me to use it. It takes time to have an effect, or that is what it did with me. I had a special compound without vaseline and lidocaine, so possibly you will have a quicker response to your medication. I can't really say that it did much for me, but that is possibly because mine is chronic, and once at that stage it is very difficult to heal.
I have resorted to using Sitz Baths in a serious fashion these last few days (been a bit slap-dash previous to this), and it seems to be helping with the pain. I also take 0.12mg Lorazapam for the spasms. Other relaxants did not work for me.
About being squemish! That flew out the window for me long ago with this darn thing Image
Push for getting a CRS to look at you. GPs are not the best - wherever you are in the world - for fissures. They get convinced we have hemmies no matter what. And my doc here in the States wanted to give me a concentration of Nitro that they put on heart patients to put on my rear!!! Never presume that because they are doctors that they know it all.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby val » 10 Nov 2011, 14:11

Well said - most doctors are clueless about fissures!
Yes, the diltiazem will work if its just rubbed onto the area.It takes 3 or 4 days at least to start to work, so its not an instant fix, but it should help.
A CRS would be a wonderful idea - if you have a skintag, then it probably wont heal with just the creams, as it will be a chronic fissure.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby sputnik » 10 Nov 2011, 21:44

Mine will be 8 weeks this coming monday. I am praying it will still heal and not have to have surgery. I am going to ask this other dr about a crs. The thing is if he does, he will refer me to one and the crs may not be good, but i quess i have no choice.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26