Fistula

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fistula

Postby motherluch » 17 Nov 2011, 07:27

Hi everyone,
I have been popping on and off checking in periodically, hope everyone is feeling good today! My question is this...can anyone here tell me if they have had a successful fistulotomy???? And if so, how long has it been since your surgery??
It seems as though once is not enough when it comes to surgeries on fistulas. I, myself have been living with mine for 2 years now and have decided against surgery until I just cannot live with it anymore. Aside from pain for a few days every couple of months, for the most part I find it to be quite manageable. I certainly would give anything to NOT to have it, but, I try to think positive and just deal!
Thanks so much for any feedback!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Fistula

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2011, 08:33

Hey Motherluch,
Neuropathicguy, Adam, Hopetoheal and a few others have had successful fistulotomies.
It doesn't seem like a real good idea to me to just live with an infection in that area. You may have to endure more work than necessary by just letting this go. Just my opinion:) Hopefully others who have experienced a fistulotomy can add!

Re: Fistula

Postby PaulsPain » 17 Nov 2011, 17:55

I have had a successful fistulotomy. My surgery was almost 2 years ago - Jan of 2010 I had this performed when they found a fistula during my LIS surgery. As far as I can tell that area healed without issue. I am now on fistula #2 that is in deep muscle caused by IBD so I am now on meds for that.
I also second Dawn on not letting it go untreated. If it healed shut from the outside you could form an abscess which can be an emergency situation and not a lot of fun. Leaving these issues go unchecked is never a good thing in my opinion.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4