Sandoz AnuZinc HC: 3 Application = Feels Amazing

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sandoz AnuZinc HC: 3 Application = Feels Amazing

Postby ToothDoctor » 04 Feb 2012, 11:49

So I was on my regimen of 0.2% GTN 3 times a day and Miralax.
Yesterday, I took a little too much Miralax and had a diarrhea that caused a re-tear. Loads of blood on my toilet paper and a lot of pain for the next 5 hours afterwards.
At dinner time, I was talking to the inlaws, 3/4 of which also had anal fissure. My father-in-law insisted that I try his "Sandoz AnuZinc HC". He says that after about 3 applications all pain is gone and bleeding will stop. I was extremely skeptical, but my pain was so bad last night I was desperate. I took a look in the mirror and I saw a small external hemorrhoid on the anterior portion of the anus and my tear was bright red on the posterior.
I applied the ointment around my anus and 1 cm into the rectum. In about 15 minutes it started to itch. In about 30 minutes my pain and itch stopped completely. The pain went from a 7/10 to 1/10. No more spasm / contraction pain. When I woke up this morning, I applied it one more time and then had a BM.
No pain during BM, no bleeding, no pain after BM.
I took a look in the mirror and saw that the external hemorrhoid on the anterior as shrunken to almost nothing. The tear is this there but didn't look quite as angry. As well I didn't have headache that GTN gave me.
I'm not saying this is a miracle drug, but this is the FIRST time in 2.5 months I can say I had no pain during BM, no bleeding, and no pain after BM.
I plead many of our fellow sufferers to at least give this a good try.
ToothDoctor
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Sandoz AnuZinc HC: 3 Application = Feels Amazing

Postby rasmith3530 » 05 Feb 2012, 23:17

Is this OTC or by prescription? I do hope this continues to help you out.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby ToothDoctor » 06 Feb 2012, 09:58

Day 3
Everytime I apply AnuZinc to the area, in 15 mins it starts to itch, and in 30 mins the pain stops. There is no headaches, no other observable side effects. I have been using this twice a day after BM and before bedtime.
I have also been taking 1/3 teaspoon of Restoralax right before sleeping and it seems to drastically soften my stool.
Things are pretty good right now. I will start counting the days I don't have blood or re-tear, but I'm crossing my fingers.
ToothDoctor
Fibre Addict

Postby ToothDoctor » 06 Feb 2012, 15:35

Quick update, after BM today pain worsened even though stool was soft and no bleed on TP.
I applied AnuZinc twice and it seemed to have significantly diminished effects. So I went back to GTN and within 20 minutes pain subsided.
It seems that AnuZinc contains Hydrocortisone and the internal sphincter muscle develops tolerance within 2-3 days and the effects are not as good.
It's a good back-up system though.
ToothDoctor
Fibre Addict