Here we go again!!!!!Need help........

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Here we go again!!!!!Need help........

Postby bixa525 » 02 Mar 2012, 16:23

I dealt with an internal fissure two years ago and was able to heal it using a prescribed cream of Nifedipine/Lidocaine. All was good until recently I started having this awful itching around the outside of my anus. I started to use Calmoseptine in the area and while it has calmed it some it hasn't been able to heal the area. Over a few weeks I am now experiencing extreme pain in that area and I can feel cracks or splits around the anal area when I apply the cream. I am assuming these are external fissures. Also in the last few days I am having a feeling of extreme tightness in my anal area and what might actually be spasms on top of it. My question is, would the Nifedipine/Lidocaine cream be the best solution right now to address this awful infliction? If anyone can offer any other ideas I would love to hear them. Thank you!
bixa525
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Here we go again!!!!!Need help........

Postby workingonit » 02 Mar 2012, 16:36

Bixa,
Do you think the calmoseptine could be the problem?
Perhaps it is drying out your skin? I was reading that zinc oxide is actually a mild astringent and I find that astringents bother my skin big time if I use them for more than a day or two.
Why not stop the calmoseptine and use the nifedipine and see if that makes a difference?
IMO it can't hurt, especially if you have used it before to good effect.
-hope you feel better soon!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby bixa525 » 02 Mar 2012, 20:34

I guess it's possible that the calmoseptine is irritatating the area but it seems nothing is helping it. I don't have any of the nifedipine cream anymore so this would mean I would have to go to the Dr's in order to get a new script. It's so embarrassing just calling to make an appointment because they always ask you what the problem is. Then you go to the Dr's and they examine your rear end , it's just so humiliating! I guess if I can't get this pain under control though I will have no choice. I tried the coconut oil and that didn't seem to help much, the itching is just awful and I think this is what caused the fissures because it's hard to not want to itch it. I did take a bath tonight and soaked for a while, seemed to help a little. What have any of the rest of you done to heal these outer fissures and help calm things down?
bixa525
Fibre Addict

Postby Baba » 03 Mar 2012, 00:11

I've used epsom salts sitz baths, then apply aloe vera gel and use the hair drier on outer fissures with good success. Keep the area very clean and dry is the best for speedy healing I've found.
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 03 Mar 2012, 13:33

Do NOT be embarrassed about going to the doctor (especially a Colorectal Surgeon, my personal doctor of choice for rectal issues since this is all they deal with). This is their chosen field and they WANT to help you. Trust me: they are not embarrassed at all, and you shouldn't be either. I was sooooooooooo embarrassed the first time I went to my Colorectal Surgeon that I actually apologized to him for having to look at my ass. He laughed and said, "Once you've seen one, you've seen them all." The sooner you go to the doctor the better you will feel. Good luck!
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby workingonit » 03 Mar 2012, 14:03

I really agree with kiss,
you should see your doc if the rash is still bad and not getting better. I mean, you don't know what caused it.
All we can do is suggest what has helped us with rashes in the past. We can't diagnose you.
Hope you feel better soon!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby bixa525 » 05 Mar 2012, 16:26

Thanks everybody, I did make an appointment with the Dr. Has anyone had surgery for a fissure that is on the outside of your anus? I ask because I have an upcoming vacation planned for the end of May and I don't want to be in pain when I go but I also don't want to have a surgery unless there is no other option. Has anyone cured their outside fissure with the help of a Dr. or on your own?
bixa525
Fibre Addict