tinactin or clotrimozal - who has tried it?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

tinactin or clotrimozal - who has tried it?

Postby happyass » 21 Oct 2007, 16:17

just curious how many of us on the board have at one point or another used any of the antifungal creams to help relieve any of their anal fissure symptoms from itching to pain?
there are a couple over the counter tinactin and clotrimozal; one is used for athlete's foot/jock itch and the other primarily for yeast infections.
any feedback?
for those who have not used either one, would you be willing to try it if you have any itching or pain issues? i seem to recall mnmom having good results using the cream!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: tinactin or clotrimozal - who has tried it?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Oct 2007, 18:35

Gareth,
I tried the tinactin for several days, but I was quite nervous about using it and stopped abruptly... I never saw any difference during the time I used it!
Deleted User 5

Re: tinactin or clotrimozal - who has tried it?

Postby happyass » 22 Oct 2007, 11:40

well after irritating my skin tag on saturday morning, i got a very intense itch and a nice burning feeling going. so instead of putting on my chinese ointment i said i am going to try what mnmom tried - the tinactin.
so during lunch at a restaurant, i went to the bathroom to apply and it didn't sting at all. it took about 15 minutes to kill the itch and it helped to reduce the burning feeling. there was a little tense discomfort but nothing like the morning.
so i applied some at night before bed and in the morning on sunday everything was gone.
now i don't know how much this can be attributed to the tinactin (i bought the Target generic version) because when you take a break from going to BM, then you get a break from pain in the bum. but I BMed about three times on saturday night and well i went back to using the 'squat' method as i had gotten comfortable using the usual sit on the bowl method.
i got everything out using the squat. cleaned very well. and applied the tinactin saturday night.
sunday morning everything was good. so i applied it before going to church and well it had been good all day. but of course, i didn't have a BM on sunday or this morning so my bum is very happy as if i never had a problem.
i didn't put the tinactin on this morning.
anyone else up for the tinactin challenge?
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74