pelvic floor stretches

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: pelvic floor stretches

Postby jax » 14 Mar 2012, 10:41

This has never occured to me until now, should I stop my workouts since I have a fissure? I do simple things like jog, pushups and curls.
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby pat123 » 14 Mar 2012, 12:32

Jax,
Don't stop your workouts unless you feel some pain or discomfort when you do.
I've worked out through some f***ed up physical issues in the last 9 months, including a prostate infection, back problem and problems with both feet, not to mention the AF. If I start hurting and I can't get the hurt to stop in a couple of minutes by adjusting position, i stop and walk out of the gym (BIG time discipline... not to push through the pain).
I get through my workout most times, and I pat myself on the back when i get into the car... workouts boost my energy and improve my mood, and i see some of my friends there.
If the jogging hurts... do some non impact cardio...
take care and heal up!!!
(don't be like this guy)
pat123
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby jax » 14 Mar 2012, 13:48

Okay, I have been doing these activites without noticing any pain, although my fissure only really hurts during a BM. I was just curious if running, light lifting (curling), or even driving my manual trans car could be retearing :/
jax
Salt Bather

Postby workingonit » 14 Mar 2012, 16:31

I lift some heavy bags of groceries a couple times a week and that's OK. But the time I helped stack a half cord of wood, I felt that afterwards. : (
I walk fast and that's fine. I've had to run a block or two and not noticed anything.
Maybe it depends how far along you are in the healing process.
If it doesn't hurt, I doubt it is doing any harm.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby jax » 14 Mar 2012, 20:52

workingonit wrote:I lift some heavy bags of groceries a couple times a week and that's OK. But the time I helped stack a half cord of wood, I felt that afterwards. : (
I walk fast and that's fine. I've had to run a block or two and not noticed anything.
Maybe it depends how far along you are in the healing process.
If it doesn't hurt, I doubt it is doing any harm.
-Tanya

Okay. Thanks:) Now that i think about it, during the last 7 months there were times when i played volleyball or did some heavy lifting and i didn't see it effecting it, but I'll lay low for the next 2 weeks just cause I'm so paranoid after this doctor told me i had this cream to try or its LIS next. I have a 30min commute each way to work and i swear im so paranoid i've been even changing how i position my feet on the pedal to reduce pressure on my anus. :/
jax
Salt Bather

Postby Bootsie » 29 Jul 2013, 21:32

Thank you so much for the tennis ball tip!  I believe that is what has got me out of the woods after almost four days of bewildering pain.
And to add to the Thich Nhat Hanh discussion:  One of my greatest comforts lately has been The Present Moment, which is a recording of a series of his talks -- available as an audio download for purchase online and also from many public libraries.
Bootsie