Did I re tear ?? Help

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Did I re tear ?? Help

Postby Trifox » 14 Mar 2012, 16:57

I had PIS and Fissurectomy...tag removal too about 2.5 weeks ago. I went for a 45 min walk run and came back with some blood in my underwear. I am training for race in May and was impatient. Called the dr and she said it was normal and to soak and keep the anus dry. Does this sound right? I had a family member look and I think I have small tear. Did I set myself back to day one? What can I do to help with recovery? I am so scared I messed it up. Anyone experience this after exercise? Help!!!!
Trifox
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Did I re tear ?? Help

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 14 Mar 2012, 22:26

Hmmm - Well, you might have just irritated the surrounding tissues.
If your doctor said it was normal, then just take it easy and see if it will clear up. It's best to give yourself time to heal - and if you have any doubts about a possible tear, have your doctor look.
Keep us posted.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 16 Mar 2012, 20:38

I agree with SB, way too soon for training!!! I doubt the area was fully healed in only 2.5 weeks. Take it easy for a while and check with your CRS. If it is a retear, from what I have read, it will heal alot faster and not be as painful...Good luck
Sue
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby rasmith3530 » 17 Mar 2012, 14:12

Yes, like the others, all I can say is take it easy and allow the healing to take place. You certainly do not want to prolong the process and possibly miss your race. Right now, it is unseasonally warm here in the Chicago area, and I so badly want to jump on one of my bikes, but I do not want a return to how I felt before.
Take care. Healing will happen soon enough if you let it.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Post op

Postby Trifox » 20 Mar 2012, 13:13

I went to my post op appointment and there is no tear...everything is healing great. He told me that I could not resume cycling and running for 4-6 weeks after my surgery in the recovery room. Yesterday at my appointment he told me to wait till JUNE!! What 4 months after surgery??? Does this sound right? I am so anxious as well to workout, but I am being patient. I live in the midwest and its been in the 80's for weeks and its killing me. I did cancel my Ironman race in May due to the lack of training :( But i want to do the right thing and not tear again and be done forever with AF's!
Trifox
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6