> 3 months post-op Botox w/Fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: > 3 months post-op Botox w/Fissurectomy

Postby sailorgal » 14 May 2012, 05:39

Going in for my 2nd Botox today at 1:00 - optimistic that this time it will go better!
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby 44alegna44 » 14 May 2012, 07:09

Sailorgal,
I'm keeping you in my thoughts today for a positive and successful outcome this time around!!!
angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 14 May 2012, 08:54

Sailorgal,
Good luck!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby sailorgal » 14 May 2012, 15:22

Thanks guys! I'm so glad we had that enlightening conversation over the weekend to re-read back bcz things are feeling rough, but manageable.
Local anesthesia, altho perhaps better for the system (versus that nice littel cocktail i had in january for general anesthesia when i had the botox w/fissurectomy), was p.a.i.n.f.u.l.
holy cow, i think that has topped the charts, yet. and he ended up doing some "cleaning up" ie debriding some of the jaggedy scar tissue from the fissure w/a scapel - couldn't feel a thing during that part or the botox injection. I was hoping he wouldn't have to do any scar tissue removal/clean up/cutting, but totally understand why in some cases it's advisable. The local anesthesia starting wearing off an hour after the procedure (prepared for the procedure with a full vicodin dose) and holy cow, kinda feels like i'm back in january in regards to the pain levels - except i know that not NEARLY as much tissue was removed this time around. But, am pretty uncomfortable even with hot baths, heating pads, even tried ice pack. Couldn't wait the full 6 hrs before the next dose (took it half hour shy). But, anyway, between rotating between all the above and having my boyfriend (who took half the day off and is taking care of me this afternoon) rub my back for ANY kind of distraction helps. I definitely feel less distressed about my pain, less worried about the outcome since I know this one was way less involved and have been thru it before. But man-oh-man, here we go again. Accepting all healing thoughts with arms wide open! :)
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby 44alegna44 » 14 May 2012, 16:18

Hey Sailorgal!
Welcome home Image !
I'm sure you're so glad that's over with.....but unfortunately sometimes there's no way around the procedure aftermath Image I'm glad you have your boyfriend there to pamper you, that's a big plus....and yes, ah the vicodin..another plus. :D
You've got every healing thought and prayer I have to offer up Image
Try to rest as much as possible and continue to stay optimistic...it's your turn to beat this thing Image
Best Wishes and Huge Hugs Image
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 14 May 2012, 17:04

Hi Sailorgal,
Congratulations on making it through the long day!!! I'm so glad you are at home and you have someone you love and who loves you there to help you. In addition to all the smart things you're already doing I would suggest this.
1. Have your boyfriend add in massage of your feet, scalp and ears. (I'm sure you already know this)
2. Put on some relaxing music. Music is so healing.
3. As he is massaging you and when you are in the tub, practice taking in deep breaths deep into your abdomen to release your pelvic floor (I'm sure you already know this too).
4. With every exhale tell yourself it is safe to release anything you don't need to hold on to any more.
5. When the pain rises, offer it your compassion, tell it you understand why it is there and thank it for its service to you, for helping you to heal, even if you have to lie to yourself to do it. Just do it over and over. The idea is to harness as much calming, relaxing chemicals in your body as is possible and keep the emotions to a minimum that will make stress chemicals that cause even more pain.
Painkillers, healthy foods, love from your partner, compassionate self thoughts, and all the support and love and care we here who understand can send to you over the miles adds up to...you are going to heal!!!
Last edited by jr2 on 14 May 2012, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
jr2

Postby Neen » 14 May 2012, 17:11

good luck sailorgirl...I really hope and pray you are only going forward now with healing, you deserve some pampering...if I lived near you I would help you out as I know how hard it is for anyone to really understand the whole process unless they have lived it...I am glad u have support...feel better girl! Image
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby sailorgal » 15 May 2012, 05:06

Thanks for all the support, guys! Pain has been much better controlled since last I wrote. Planned to wake up last night at 2:30 to take the next vicodin dose, but of course failed to actually set the alarm - so the pain woke me at 3:15, but i was able to stay ahead of it with the vicodin this time (completely different experience from my 1st night home after my surgery in January). The ship I sailed across the Atlantic on is due to arrive to the new york harbor this morning. I unfortunately had to cancel my week aboard (was going to do it late may/early june) but am hopeful i can jump on maybe in mid-late june if i heal well. Anyway, looking forward to their arrival and otherwise, laying low today, chilling on a heating pad - kinda ok that it's grey and rainy out while i spend the day in. PS, haven't had my first BM yet, either, since the procedure, but again, not too concerned about it - I know it'll come when it'll come and I took 1 stool softener and 1/2 dose of Miralax yesterday just as a precautionary now that i'm back on the vicodin.
will keep you posted! Thanks for all of the continued support! I really means a lot! Image
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 15 May 2012, 10:25

Sailorgal,
Oh, it's great to hear you're keeping on top of the pain and sounding so upbeat today, so soon after your surgery yesterday!!!!!!
Heeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllll
jr2

Postby 44alegna44 » 15 May 2012, 14:52

Hi Sailorgal,
Good to know things are better today...keeping the healing thoughts and prayers going for your positive progress day by day! Image
If you don't mind and when you can, would you please explain to me the botox procedure. Is the pain you are feeling from the injection or from the cleaning up that they did. When will you start to feel the effects of the botox, I think from what I've read here it doesn't take effect immediately. I'm referring to the inability to feel or control the muscle. If you get a chance, am curious about this.....it is always an option for me if I need to go further. Image
Thanks and best wishes,
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist