Returning to Work

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Returning to Work

Postby CCL125 » 14 May 2012, 07:48

I am fairly new here and been attempting to heal this fissure for almost a month.
When I first suspected a hemmorhoid (now realizing it's actually a fissure), I changed my diet to increase my fiber and starting drinking more water. Then one morning, I had the most painful experience trying to have a bowel movement. I was screaming and crying. I thought, "Holy Crap! There's something wrong with me!" So I made an appointment with my dr.
My PCP (primary care physician) had stated it was in fact a hemmorhoid and prescibed me a hydrocortisone cream. Boy was that aweful! I have severe pain and itching all weekend until I went back several days later. I was then prescribed Vicodin for pain which causes constipation and didn't help with the pain at all.
The next day, I got into a CRS and was really given the truth of diet changes, increased fiber, stool softer, and pysillum. (I sure wish I would have found this forum sooner!) I have been at it for over a week, hoping that one day I will become regular.
My biggest concern right now is that I have to return back to work tonight. I work the night shift and 12 hours long, which I'm sure will completely screw up my regularity. Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with AF while working, such as a routine or supplies that you can take to work that keeps it discreet as possible? I am bringing my own wipes and a washcloth (for warm compress) but would appreciate other tips to make the transition back to work a littler easier!
Mary
CCL125

Topics: 2

Re: Returning to Work

Postby Sana1 » 18 May 2012, 21:46

Mary
Sorry I haven't responded sooner.
How are you doing at work? What is a nature of it ? Are you sitting mostly or moving? It's hard to recommend something not knowing that, I can only share my tips.
When you drive to and from work, heat your seat all the time no matter what the weather is ( buy a car seat warmer if needed ). Bring your own food and drink. The problem for me was frequent peeing runs, but drinking is a must ). Bring your creams, meds and supplements, put them in a small pouch and keep close; you might not use them, but will fill more confident. I managed by wetting TP, we have good one, but some people carry their baby wipes. Announce to co-workers that you have a health issue, it's up to you, but that really helps. I also brought microvawable neck warmer to seat on and memory foam doughnat pillow ( did't used them though ).
I had BM at work, was so scared, but it went OK, so I convinced myself they have " The magic toilet ". Image
Good luck!
Sana1
Salt Bather

Topics: 2