My LIS+fissurectomy thread

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My LIS+fissurectomy thread

Postby Emm123 » 16 May 2012, 19:53

Haha awww. I'm sort of an uncle already myself I can imagine how grandma will feel for u!
Today's pain was weirdly horrid and I don't know why but I'm just going along with it.
Aww I just stand and jib around vs sitting.
You too aunty :-P haha k I won't harass you.
Good night :-)
Emm123
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby BillUltra » 16 May 2012, 20:12

Three comments: First the rash. I have had probems with a rash from overdoing the fruits, leading to too frequent bm's and too frequent wiping. (this was before the fissure got so bad I had to blot and soak instead of wipe) The answer for me was corn starch baby powder. Had to use it just yesterday, even though I had just officially healed from the fissure. Also as I posted elsewhere, for me blotting iwth damp Bounty paper towels seems to do the least amount of damage when cleaning up from the bm's.
Second comment is on the stress: valium works wonders. My proctologist didn't have any problem prescribing it for me.
Finally on the donut cushion: my proctologist said the inflatable donut cushions that are so helpful for hemorroids are actually detrimental for anal fissure patients because, while it provides comfort, it actually tends to spread apart the fissure and retard it's healing process. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but just wanted to pass on the info.
The sweater idea sounds actually like the safer and least embarrassing solution. Wish I'd thought of that. You could shape it to provide support in the most comfortable areas.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Emm123 » 16 May 2012, 21:39

Mr Bill (yea I don't wanna call ya uncle to make u feel any way and I rather not call you bill directly)
The rash thing apparently was just the salt for me. Would you believe that only two days of doing the right dose of salt in the sitz and that irritation has almost gone! We have a bidet to wash up after BM so I put it nice and warm and slow and it soothes it so nicely along with cleaning the area too. :oops: I saw your bounty post and I was going to try it but thank God the discharge is subsiding and I no longer have to worry about wiping Image
Thankfully for me I'm trying the no stress route as I just finished my degree so I'm just delaying everything until I am well. (I'm a little afraid of the Valium too)
That last comment is worrying me though. Haha not in a bad way but wow! I didn't think of that at all thank you for raising that. Before the surgery I used to love sitting in it (its one of those from amazon made of some synthetic material, I had an issue with the blow up one, dad killed it at the pump station!) But now I'm finding it sooo difficult to sit in it for long so I just stand. I figure this is why! thanks again for that.
----
I think I'm frustrating my mum now, any time I have any issue I tell her and she thinks I'm complaining.
Side note, would you believe the stupid pain I had all afternoon went away as I took a bath Image lol. I figure its the warm water. So yay!
Anyway good night guys and thanks Mr Bill for jumping on. I wish you success in your fight with AF (although i see from your post u said its healed so yay!) and everything else k? Take care of yourself.
Emm123
Salt Bather

Postby Emm123 » 18 May 2012, 23:22

Just an update. Day by day the pain is slowly going away. I'm noticing a pain to my left side though. I think that's from the incision. I'm not sure. Still leaking gas sometimes haha.
I had some blood in my BM but I'm assuming it's normal as its not pouring/running.
Thank God though the pain isn't as bad at all.
Anyone knows when the incision will heal? How long it takes?
Emm123
Salt Bather

Postby 44alegna44 » 21 May 2012, 19:11

Hi Emm :D
What's going on kid Image ? I read you weren't feeling too good Image . I hope by the time you read this things are better :D
Keeping you in my thoughts and best wishes for comfortable healing Image
Aunt Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Emm123 » 22 May 2012, 12:51

Awww would u believe today and since last night I've had no pain!
Even after my bm there was a lil blood but no pain. Thank God He heard me and answered lol.
I had to go out last night too and it was a little annoying but today is wonderful. It so weird but my bum feels a bit normal! I'm so thankful to God.
How are you going? And thanks again for your support :-)
Emm123
Salt Bather

Postby 44alegna44 » 22 May 2012, 18:25

Yay Emm :D ,
Glad to hear your on an up-swing Image
Image Funny thing isn't it....it seems weird to feel normal Image
Whatever you're doin, keep it up! Image
I'm holding on here...I see my crs tomorrow to check if this fissure of mine has made any healing progress.....please send me your prayers tonight, someone seems to be listening to yours Image
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Emm123 » 23 May 2012, 12:49

Haha loved the Bart emotion!
Today is OK. Started with a lil minor discomfort but I realized I only did 2 sitz yesterday.
I know right! Almost felt like Bill yesterday! I was sitting without a cushion and thing. Then I realized I should behave.
Thanks a lot eh. And thanks for the continuous support from you!
I shall. Anytime I pray I try to mention you guys. And Good luck tmrw, May God guide the doctor to the right decision etc and let it be the easiest and least painful route.
Take care.
And don't forget to update your thread or at least tell me how it went k.
Emm123
Salt Bather

Postby 44alegna44 » 24 May 2012, 18:23

Hey Emm,
Don't know if u saw my update on jr's thread, but in case not, there has been slight improvement in the healing of my new fissure Image ...I know some is better than none,,,but more would be better Image Anyway, i'll stay on track and try to continue healing as I have been...maybe this one's gonna be slow but steady...fingers crossed Image
Thanks for the well wishes and prayers...same to you always Image
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Emm123 » 27 May 2012, 16:41

Awww I wish you would heal faster too. Glad there is progess though.
These past few days for me its been a lot of itching. Today was a little pain. I had to sit for a little while. About 1-2 hours. I used my cushion and it wasn't so bad. But it did feel irritated so I rested all afternoon. I notice too if I start to stress or worry I suddenly feel a pressure in the area.
I normally shave around that area too but I haven't since the operation and its getting a bit hairy now and I figure that's causing a lil issue but I don't wanna shave there as yet as I'd normally put some petroleum jelly to ease any rubbing but the Dr said dont put a thing there!
And that's my update :-)
Hope things are alright on your side?
Emm123
Salt Bather