Sitz Bath Companion - My road to LIS

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Sitz Bath Companion - My road to LIS

Postby NoifsandsorBUTTS » 24 May 2012, 11:55

Please don't tell my boyfriend I joined an anal fissure support forum, BUTT I underwent the LIS Surgery 2 days ago & your stories have provided me comfort, laughs & much needed reassurance. Plus beating the pc on my iPad scrabble during my sitz baths is getting old!
My Story. I'm a 32 year old woman, fit & very active. Now that I'm on the other side of denial I admit that I've had bowel movement strain & soreness since childhood. I remember feeling a burning after pooping as early as middle school. 5 years ago I had my first fissure, but hows this, the idiot doctor diagnosed me with hemorrhoids! It was a tragic experience, I had a vacation planned, my first trip to Europe. Thinking the hemmies would subside I continued on with my 3 week vacation...from butt-ache hell! I popped 4 Advil every 4 hours and tried to hide to my date the fact that my asshole was on fire every time I evacuated. On my way home I stopped in LA to see a proctologist who enlightened me, "you have scar tissue here from a fissure!"
Jumping 5 years ahead and approximately 5 weeks ago, when my bowel movements started to blast out of me like burning mud balls followed by a trail of blood, I knew it was fissure number 2!
This time it was war, I wasn't going to let this happen to me again. I saw the surgon 3 days after my explosion. She had to scope me, which I think has been the most painful experience to date. She gave me an armory of sitz baths, anal hydrocortisone acetate suppositories and vidicon. There is only one rectal specalist in my area & he was out of town for the first 3 weeks of my battle. Not to say the first surgeon wasn't qualified to operate, but she was more concerned with healing. I took matters into my own hands, which I guess you have to do when it comes right down to it and I insisted on an appointment with the 2nd surgeon.
Thank god I did, mr rectal doc had no doubt I was a candidate for LIS. He said he only recommends the surgery for 20% of his patients & that I should have gotten sliced years ago. His confidence, paired with my goal of prevention and assurance from reading this & other butt whinning forums contributed to my decision to go ahead with the surgery.
Image -NoifsandsorBUTTS
Last edited by NoifsandsorBUTTS on 24 May 2012, 12:00, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Typo
NoifsandsorBUTTS

Topics: 2

Re: Sitz Bath Companion - My road to LIS

Postby BillUltra » 24 May 2012, 14:58

I congratulate you for your decision. My LIS was a complete success and totally changed my life, until my doc screwed it up again 3 years later during a colonoscopy in March, which is when I found this message board.
Best of luck! You can beat this.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19