day 4 after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: day 4 after LIS

Postby 44alegna44 » 30 Jun 2012, 08:25

Hey Paul,
Here's what I have to say Image
You're doin great! My intuition says if you succeed with keeping your anxiety in check, it'll be smooth sailing to full recovery.
Best wishes for continued healing and comfort!
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Paul Sheldon » 30 Jun 2012, 08:37

Thanks so much! I am happy to say I just went for a walk with a friend with little discomfort. I didn't overdue it but we kept a good speed, enough to get the blood pumping. Feeling great today.
Paul Sheldon
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Paul Sheldon » 04 Jul 2012, 09:05

Hey all, Happy 4th of July!
Just wanted to do a quick update this morning. I am now about 17 days post surgery. I no longer have to wear any gauze in my pants as the leakage has stopped. BM is awesome! Very very little discomfort. Throughout the day I sometime feel a little ache for a few moments back there but nothing major. I am no longer taking any pain killers either.
Last night I went to the beach and dinner with a lovely lady and than we watched fireworks on a dock by the ocean! The whole date lasted about 6 pain free hours. I felt normal again! I have hardly done anything social since the fissure got really bad back in March. I still of course have anxiety about it returning but knock on wood, so far so good.
I visit my doctor this Friday for my post operation check up. I will update after.
Thanks again everyone for the support!
Paul Sheldon
Fibre Addict

Postby 44alegna44 » 04 Jul 2012, 16:01

What Great News Paul! OMG, truly a recovery we all hope for and are so excited to hear about when one of our own is fortunate enough to experience. I couldn't be happier for you and your return to "normal" Image
All the best to you for continued success towards full healing and recovery....and many more dates!!!!
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Kat » 05 Jul 2012, 05:55

That's great to hear Paul. I like the good news posts! Gives me hope. I'm day 13 post op and feeling closer to normal tho still a bit of discomfort with each bm. That's nice that you got out and had an enjoyable night. Good luck with the follow up appointment with your doctor on Friday.
Kat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Paul Sheldon » 10 Jul 2012, 17:05

So here we are 1 month post operation. It went by fast. I feel 90% maybe 95% healed. Everyone once in a while I will feel a bit of soreness down there and sometimes an itchy type of feeling but that is it!
BM is painless now, never thought I would say that but it is not even close to the horrible ordeal it once once. I no longer am taking baths or really needing to do much at all for the fissure. I just keep myself clean, still using wipes but can comfortably use TP. Still eating well and taking fiber but now I can have a burger and some beers on a weekend no problem.
I had my follow up last friday, doctor said everything looked good and to come back in a month.
I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time in a month and that was good, I took it easy but no problems. So over all I can say my life is pretty back to normal and it feels great!
Thanks for the support!
Paul Sheldon
Fibre Addict