trying to get my fibre right

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: trying to get my fibre right

Postby NewMummy » 29 Jun 2012, 14:03

GOOD UPDATE NUMBER 2.
Alright, it's been 4 weeks now and things are good. My second fissure took a few days to heal and I haven't had a problem since Image
During the past two weeks I have eaten IN MODERATIONS cheese, bread, red meat, had some wine, and i have not really counted my fibre, just had my standard breakfast and most often lunch...that said I do still naturally eat plenty of fruit and veggies. I'm no longer on stool softeners, cut them out a week ago or more Image
From going away from my original fissure diet my BMs have changed to harder and maybe slightly larger. I don't think my bum would've handled these BMs when I had the fissures, so I'm taking this as a huge step in the right direction.
So, I still have no idea why I got the fissure in the first place and why I then got a second one even when I was on a good diet and why the second one went away so quick. I still believe that this diet helped a lot, but I also think that something else helped in the healing...maybe it was less stress (we moved closer to my parents and they've been helping out with my baby and everything else) or maybe it was shrinking hemmies (as they shrunk, the fissure dissappeared) or maybe it's just my strange post-baby body that needed to sort itself out again. As a scientist I always look for answers and connections and try to figure things out but this fissure stuff is just simply strange!
If I get a re-tear I'll jump back here to update, otherwise assume I'm healed and that this diet did seem to help towards healing me.
All the best to everyone on this forum!!! Image
NewMummy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: trying to get my fibre right

Postby whatwhat » 01 Jul 2012, 12:29

Such good news for you :)
I'm going to try some of your diet tips as I'm struggling ATM!
Xxxx all the best to u
whatwhat
Salt Bather

Topics: 7