Ducolax, stool softners warning!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Ducolax, stool softners warning!

Postby AFpaininthebutt » 01 Jul 2012, 19:30

I've learned something that should be talked about (if it hasn't been already).
Stool Softners can actually DAMAGE you and hinder your healing progress if you don't drink an extra amount of water while taking them.
What happens is when you take a stool softner, you're body will naturally dehydrate and suck out the water from your system and hopefully make your poop soft. If you don't pump the water into your body, you WILL dehydrate. No ifs or butts....(punny).
Your next dump will be rock-solid and cause injury. It will hurt and you'll know right away as soon as it peaks its turtle head out....you're in trouble. Its too late by this time.
I was foolish enough to take a Ducolax or Colace and then carry on my day with as much regularity as possible. The preceeding scenario occurred and it was heart-breaking and butt-bleeding. It just about destroyed my psyche to feel that jagged knife-like turd exit my poop-shoot.
Bottom line (pun not intended), Stool Softners are great if you drink EXTRA water, way more than you would normally drink. If not, they are devastating.
AFpaininthebutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1