Completely healed my fissure after 1 year of agonising pain

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Completely healed my fissure after 1 year of agonising pain

Postby Rissa » 22 Mar 2012, 06:14

I had suffered severe pain and bleeding from an anal fissure for almost 1 year and tried all sorts of creams that were recommended online. I was at a point of desperation and booked myself in for the opp. I was so scared I cancelled twice. Then one day I came up with an idea after seeing my very wise Italian father break off a piece of Alovera from a plant I had growing in my garden to heal a deep cut he had just made to his finger. He explained to me that it heals wounds instantly. So I immediately thought if it heals cuts then it should also heal my fissure. A day or so later I broke a small stem from my plant and using a potato peeler I removed the spiky thorns and inserted into my rectum for a few minutes. I did this one more time and within a few days I had already noticed an improvement. I ended up going for the camera check only 2 weeks later and to my surprise the surgeon reported the fissure was fully healed!
I am happy to say I have not had a problem since.
I wanted to share this story with other sufferers and hopefully it will work for them too. If you have an alovera plant or someone you know has one give it a try I am convinced it will work.
I wanted to share this in hope that it may help someone else. I always searched online for answers and found the forums helpful knowing that I wasn't alone.
Rissa

Topics: 1

Re: Completely healed my fissure after 1 year of agonising pain

Postby workingonit » 22 Mar 2012, 11:07

Hey Rissa,
I have thought of trying this. I remember reading of another who did this and although it didn't heal him, it helped a lot.
I've also read of a few people who drink the inner leaf daily, as it is a mild laxative.
Thanks for the info!!
That's wonderful that you healed without surgery.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby workingonit » 22 Mar 2012, 18:33

Rissa,
So I got an aloe vera plant today. But I must say it is almost impossible to get that slippery bit of aloe where you want it.
How big was the piece you used and what prevented it from going all the way in?
I'm thinking just the gel from it on my finger and then applying would work better...?
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby workingonit » 22 Mar 2012, 20:57

I found this article that might explain why aloe vera helps;
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97941&page=1#.T2vklNkmySo
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby grannymaria » 11 Apr 2012, 11:45

Does it come out when pooping or does it stay in there? Just wondering since I can't fathom the idea of something besides a suppository that melts in there.. thanks!
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby BillUltra » 13 May 2012, 10:12

I'm glad this worked for you. I tried it, found it virtually impossible to get the slippery sliver implanted, so I applied just the gel straight from the plant with a finger.
It was a complete failure. Massive swelling, painful tingling, kept me up all night without sleep, and no help whatsoever. In fact, I think it set me back at least 2 weeks.
Again I'm glad you found success with the aloe plant, but just wanted to warn others that this is not a universal cure.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Baba » 15 May 2012, 10:05

BillUltra, there is a small percentage of people that are allergic to aloe, you may be one of those. I found that out with my daughter; she had a burn and when I applied aloe vera the burn area looked worse than ever.
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Jtoz54 » 13 Oct 2012, 15:38

Hi Aloe might be great for some people but if you are sensitive to aspirin you shouldnt use it. Aloe is very high in salicylates just like aspirin and could have caused your pain and swelling.
Jtoz54