Recent Surgery! Need advice and support!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Recent Surgery! Need advice and support!

Postby ZeeZee » 28 Oct 2012, 15:31

Wht's up guys?! Day 53 for Apollo 13 and day 20 for Discovery!
Didn't thnk this day would come! Wow!
Apollo 13 is almost complete.. The only thng tht needs to come back is my skin colour! Thank you God!
=)
Those of you contemplating and reading this.. Do it.. Tht's 53 days and my wound area was larger thn average..
It should be noted that I applied IntraSite Gel to the area and dressed it on a daily basis while using Sitz baths..
Discovery has closed up considerably and those of you who were following knw tht it was smaller thn Apollo 13..
There is the little matter of the cutting Seton.. But I'm praying for tht to be routine and after tht..
I can put this behind me..
=)
I will always be here for anyone tht needs support or advice.. PM or post here..
I'll post updates after my CRS visit on Tuesday!
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby richibeno » 29 Oct 2012, 06:27

hey zee ,looking good ,great to here its going well,so are you leaving a13 alone now to heal on its own has the drainage finished on it ,
im seeing my crs tomorrow to check on mine ,
nurses have been looking after me so well for the last 3 weeks ,all healing ok ,getting a lot shallower and smaller ,still get some drainage and still sore its been 25 days for me now since my abscess op and seton put in ,looking to go back to work on friday
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby ZeeZee » 29 Oct 2012, 06:30

Ah man.. Excellent news Rich!
Going back to work is a big step!
Driving and stuff now?!
Whn is the op to remove the Fistula?!
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Postby richibeno » 29 Oct 2012, 06:39

well i ll talk to him tomorrow ,he wants to see the wound for him self ,maybe to be sure i can go to work ,i want him look to make sure it all ok .for peace of mind iv been so nervous all the way through this ,
i think he want to put me under at some time to do a exam under gerneral ,then decide what the next stage is ,some of the nurses i have seen think the seton is getting pushed out ,never heard of this with a draining seton so here hoping all is good tomorrow .
to good heath and healing
what is next for you zee ,discovery?
what caused you fistula in the first place
richibeno
VIP

Postby richibeno » 29 Oct 2012, 06:40

well i ll talk to him tomorrow ,he wants to see the wound for him self ,maybe to be sure i can go to work ,i want him look to make sure it all ok .for peace of mind iv been so nervous all the way through this ,
i think he want to put me under at some time to do a exam under gerneral ,then decide what the next stage is ,some of the nurses i have seen think the seton is getting pushed out ,never heard of this with a draining seton so here hoping all is good tomorrow .
to good heath and healing
what is next for you zee ,discovery?
what caused you fistula in the first place
richibeno
VIP

Postby ZeeZee » 08 Nov 2012, 04:40

64 days post Apollo 13 and 31 days post Discovery.. Doing well.. Going back to work next week, hopefully..
It's been a long journey.. Ups and downs.. It was worth it.. I'm almost brought to tears thnkng abt how this forum helped me..
Tmw, Friday 9th November 2012, I remove the Seton frm Discovery.. I have to go under GA.. Damn.. I'll pray..
I hate the effects tht happen after..
I still dress both sides, why, you ask..
Well, at night, while I as asleep.. I scratched the scab off Apollo 13.. So it was raw, whn it rubs against the dressing on the other side, it blisters it..
Discovery has almost surpassed Apollo 13..
Ah..
Rich.. How's it going man?!
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Postby richibeno » 08 Nov 2012, 10:56

zee cut those finger nails man,
great to your doing well,bth seton will be out great stuff
so will they close on there own now and heal,im back to work ,tired and my buttocks seem to ach may be the way i sit to one side or the other i stand 90% of the time at work,my legs feel like lead weights ,but iv been off for 6 weeks,
my wound is getting very shallow,and closing ,the seton is sore now and then,its very close to the anus now only 4mm away ,so i hope the next op will be a small one
im still seeing a nurse 2/3 times a weeks to check tings over
richibeno
VIP

Postby Ever the Optimist » 08 Nov 2012, 13:13

Great to hear from you again Zee Zee!
Glad to hear that your recovery is going so well and you are nearly back to a normal life! You've done great considering you had two of the little blighters to deal with (well, one larger than the other!)
Good luck with the GA tomorrow and the Seton removal. It'll all be over soon and you'll be in the next "further" stage of recovery! Will be thinking of you and please update after your GA. You will be fine and it won't last as the anaesthetic will soon work its way out of your system.....
Rich - Sounds like you are getting there too. Your Fistula has just taken a while longer to deal with considering it's original size and location but it won't be too long before you get to your next stage in the healing process too!! Will keep following and all the best both!! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Diamond » 08 Nov 2012, 19:16

ZeeZee - Good luck tomorrow!
We haven't officially "spoken" to eachother on this forum - but just wanted to let you know that I've been following your story. All your posts have been very useful in letting me know what to expect after surgery.
Please do come back and let us know how everything went.
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby ZeeZee » 09 Nov 2012, 12:09

I'm out.. This GA was not as bad as the others.. It was much, much better.. Lying on the bed, in recovery, waiting to speak to the Doctor..
Not much pain, I knw I'm still under the painkillers but it doesn't feel like I'd be in tht much pain.. I've done it twice before..
Hey Diamond, I hope you're doing well.. Do you have a Fistula as well?! Anythng you need, feel free to ask..
I'll update further whn I'm fully up and abt..
ZeeZee
Salt Bather